Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: E3 2017 | Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Microsoft:

- Most Powerful Console Evaaaaaar
    - Cars, Cars and Cars in Forza
    - Slew of generic zombie/pvp games
    - Oh a new Metro game
    - Assassin's Creed: (We'veRunOutofIdeassoWeJustTookGiantCreaturesandSlowMofromPrinceofPersiaandMixedinRPGElementsbutYou' llStillbeScalingUbisoftTowers) Origins
    - More zombies and PvP
    - Minecraft, is really going cross-platform this year, really, honest
    - Sea of Thieves, more like Sea of Feels because it looks so fun
    - Hey we haven't forgotten about Crackdown 3 but the destruction has been neutered
    - Tails Meets Super Mario
    - LIFE IS STRANGE PREQUEL HYPE
    - Backwards compatibility with original XBOX Games
    - Some other stuff
    - ANTHEM, AKA Mass Effect: Apology - we can still do facial animations! Okay BioWare, take my money.

Overall, not enough to make me want to drop $499 on an XBOX One X, and not much screamed out to me as must buys right now. Anthem and Sea of Thieves look sweet though!
    What? No TV and sports?

For real, though. I friggin' LOVE ancient Egypt, so Origins has my interest by default.

Microsoft's presentation wasn't terrible, but they definitely didn't convince me to purchase a console. The lack of good exclusives is really hurting them.

Also, the $599.99 CAD price for the Xbox One X is ridiculous. There's literally no reason for me to buy one, when I could just spend a few hundred more and upgrade my PC.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel that both Sony and Microsoft failed to make a good argument for their .5 upgrades to their consoles.

I don't plan on owning a Microsoft console so I'm still just waiting for other companies to do their press conferences. Again, most of the big stuff already came out for me, so I'm really just waiting for the deluge of smaller titles that eventually come to light after the bigger companies have their turn. I am still curious to see what Sony and Nintendo will be doing.

I really think they're doing a bad job at making the XBOX (XBox One X, fun acronym, huh?) appealing.

I mean, let's say that it IS currently the best system you can buy for the money.

It's not going to release for five months. Will it still be at that time? Assuming you don't get one at launch, how long will it take before you can make something unequivocally better for the same cost? Components drop in price all the time.

With no exclusive games (everything, even their biggest Microsoft exclusives, are also on at least the Windows 10 store, if not Steam), why would you get it?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    XBOX (XBox One X, fun acronym, huh?)
    That's why they called it the "X"? I mean, it makes perfect sense. But it's still dumb lol

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon
    Nah, the creator is full of some smurf trout
    Extreme Femenism
    While I'm sure Anita Sarkeesian and her ilk will call this an anti-feminist attack or something, I find the idea interesting if pulled off appropriately. Extreme anything is bad, even good ideas can be bent to ridiculous proportions. And a lot of people don't even think feminism is a good idea. So it may even appeal to them, to fight the regime

I'm always fascinated by new and untapped ways to create a dystopia. And while feminism and liberalism is all about love and equality and stuff at the source, it can and is quite easily twisted into something ugly, and if that ugliness governs us, it can still be as terrible as any other dictatorship. And I'd be willing to see what they can do with that

So I'm actually more interested now. But I am completely aware that is a delicate topic, and could easily be twisted into "pushing an agenda", or go into places that just don't make sense and is only there for the controversy. Which I'm not interested in. But for now, I'll hold my breath for it

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Based on those tweets - there may be more where the guy acts like a douche for all I know - I don't think it's bad. It's the same debate we had about Far Cry 5, just on the other side of the coin. It's an interesting concept that, if done right, could be worthwhile.

I do stress "If done right". If it's "wah why don't women like nice guys like me" bollocks then it can smurf off. But like, Gamergate itself, while utterly inane, did spark an interesting moral issue of whether believing in the right ideology (to me, anyway, and probably most of you) means you have carte blanche to do whatever you want to those who disagree with you, and indeed those who hide behind these ideologies as an excuse to be awful to people. With Gamergate it was dumb relatively petty trout like doxing or SWATing opponents, but in a situation where the stakes are considerably higher I can see it working.

Yeah I was thinking about the Far Cry 5 thing while typing my response. So here's hoping it's not a game with an agenda and more a game with an idea they want to explore

I haven't seen the trailer (haven't had a chance to see much E3 stuff). But, from what I've seen here, it's not something clearly visible from the trailer? So hopefully it'll be more subtle with its messaging or intent?

As the backdrop for a dystopian future, it can certainly work. If it's made into cookie cutter villains, it'll be terrible.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

The way ProJared put it, and after he mentioned it I agree with him. The trailer depiction made it look like very old-school Flashback. They didn't show any hint at a story other than you hide from a surveillance bot and hold a gun with shaking hands at someone cowering from you, and then a few action shots of hiding from bullets in a bar or store, and running to a floating taxi thing. it was all just to give a taste of the look and feel of the world

I wouldn't know anything about the ideals behind it without those tweets

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Saw the Anthem Gameplay trailer. SO THAT"S what bioware has been doing. Interesting. If only they put all that effort into Andromeda.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I have work at 6am tomorrow and the Sony conference is at 1am. Do I or don't I, guys?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nooo, sleep and then when you wake up you can catch up

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Wrong answer, Pumpkin. Wrong answer!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shh just go play Tekken and then head to bed shhhhhhh

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Watch the conference, quit your job, and then sleep in.