Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2017 | Official Discussion Thread

Default E3 2017 | Official Discussion Thread

E3 2017 is almost here!

What games are you most excited to see at the event? What surprise announcements do you think will be shown?

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

- New Assassin's Creed
    - The Last of Us 2?
    - EA Sports Sports-Harder-Never-Before-Seen-Physics-2018-Celebrity-Endorsed-Games
    - More on Death Stranding
    - Something about FFVII: Remake
    - Hopefully something exciting and not Cup Noodles for the 30th Anniversary
    - Something about KH3
    - More Destiny 2 hype

Honestly my finger is so far off the pulse this year where I won't be live-blogging (feels weird to say that) and haven't really had time to keep up with the NeoGAF and Siliconera rumour mill. Normally I'd have a good feeling of what to expect but this year I'm going in nearly fully blind.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Latest from Activision. They are due to release Call of Duty. Give us your money for online play with one new gun.

Hopefully more about the new Fire Emblem for the Switch, and also Fire Emblem Warriors. I'm hoping that the FF7 remake will show up too.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly nothing, most of the game's I've been looking forward to released this year or last. I'm hoping to be surprised for the most part.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Honestly nothing, most of the game's I've been looking forward to released this year or last. I'm hoping to be surprised for the most part.
    Exactly this

Articles
    Blog Entries

Weirdly, I agree with Kanno. Most of the games I'm interested in will be released soon.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

E3 is a fail unless Psy is up there dropping his trailer to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    - New Assassin's Creed
    - The Last of Us 2?
    - EA Sports Sports-Harder-Never-Before-Seen-Physics-2018-Celebrity-Endorsed-Games
    - More on Death Stranding
    - Something about FFVII: Remake
    - Hopefully something exciting and not Cup Noodles for the 30th Anniversary
    - Something about KH3
    - More Destiny 2 hype

Honestly my finger is so far off the pulse this year where I won't be live-blogging (feels weird to say that) and haven't really had time to keep up with the NeoGAF and Siliconera rumour mill. Normally I'd have a good feeling of what to expect but this year I'm going in nearly fully blind.

- Death Stranding will not be at E3 2017. This was just confirmed recently by Kojima.
    - KH3 news actually seems pretty likely, as I imagine it is farther along in development than FF7R.
    - Don't count on seeing anything about FF7R.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndis Highwind View Post
    Hopefully more about the new Fire Emblem for the Switch, and also Fire Emblem Warriors. I'm hoping that the FF7 remake will show up too.
    Nintendo is focusing on 2017, I don't expect them to show anything about the new FE for Switch.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

This E3 has snuck up on me. I didn't realize it was that time of the year yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Latest from Activision. They are due to release Call of Duty. Give us your money for online play with one new gun.
    Don't really understand what you're complaining about with Call of Duty here...

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    E3 is a fail unless Psy is up there dropping his trailer to the masses.
    Why exactly is E3 a fail?

Pull my Devil Trigger!

I'm with Wolf as well. I may be interested to get more info on Agents of Mayhem, but out of the big studios nothing I'm really looking forward to. The new stuff from BioWare and Bethesda may pique my interest, but they are both losing a lot of integrity and trust due to EA and Zenimax interference. Plus I hear BioWare is trying the online thing again. I want interested in their last asymmetrical multiplayer game before it was canceled. I won't be interested in this one

Maybe the sequel to Dragons Dogma will make an appearance. The developer has been awful active on social media lately

Now that Breath of the Wild is over with I'm not excited for a whole lot aside from Kingdom Hearts III. Sonic Mania has a release date now and it's certainly too early to announce a new Zelda unless they've been working up another handheld game. Same goes for Final Fantasy XVI I imagine.

I'm very interested to see what Nintendo is going to do. Since the Switch announcement, I feel their messaging and advertising has been pretty spot-on. What's more, there are some educated guesses that I (and others) have made which I'm curious if they will bear out.

- Super Smash Bros.
    This one is a no-brainer. It's too soon since the wrap up of the last game. With the traditional gap in between games being as long as it is, coupled with the relatively low install base that the game had on Wii U, I think that Nintendo will very easily make the decision to remaster the current version. Further, I expect it will have stages from both the 3DS and Wii U versions, as well as at least one additional character (Ice Climbers) if not more.

- Zelda Maker
    Well, this is an odd one, isn't it? But, then you hear about this:

Huh. A detailed dev tool allowing you to create levels and mess around with mechanics. That is exactly how Super Mario Maker got started, so I would not at all be surprised to see this thing recycled into the next game in the Maker series. I mean, it seems awfully detailed for just a tool to test mechanics. 2D sprites with shadows, even. Maybe they're just nerds paying attention to details, but I would guess otherwise.

- Fire Emblem Warriors
    There was a recent article of Famitsu that shared some details, but I'm expecting we'll get a lot more at E3. I am a big fan of Fire Emblem, and I loved Hyrule Warriors, so I'm excited to see what we'll get here.

- Metroid?
    This one is a bit less sure of. But Reggie did state that they wanted to bring all their major IP to Switch. Retro Studios has been working on an unknown game for a while. And the lead developer for the series did say that if another game were made, it would wind up on NX (this was when it was still called NX). So, possibility?

- Pikmin 4
    Hey Pikmin! is not Pikmin 4, as it's being developed by Arzest, rather than Nintendo directly. So, the Nintendo developed Pikmin 4 is theoretically still in production. I had a blast with Pikmin 3, so I'm very curious to take on the next game in the franchise, and collect all the macguffins. E3 would be a good place to fully reveal it.

- More information on the Switch
    While we did get a recent revelation of the online cost and a lot of what it will cover, there's still a lot about this system's planned features we don't know about. The biggest things that come to mind are the Virtual Console, and the My Nintendo program that was to replace Club Nintendo, but is still yet to be implemented outside of some smartphone games. If Nintendo isn't solely focused on games this year, I'm betting we'll see some of this revealed.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I'm looking forward to seeing more God of War, Detroit: Become (Becoming?) Human and The Last of Us Part II. I doubt we'll see the FFVII Remake again until TGS at the earliest.

Wouldn't mind a new Burnout or SSX either, but with a return to the classic formula which actually made them fun!
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 06-08-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>