Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When you were a kid what did you want to be?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I remember wanting to be a "race car �� driver" when I was an ickle hatchling but other than that I've never really been very ambitious, and that's something that I really don't like about myself.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Sargatanas)

I wanted to be a doctor. When that fell through because of not-good-enough grades, I decided maybe some kind of sciencey-Biology job so I did my degree around that.

I am currently a civil servant working for the tax office chasing down tax avoiders.

Dreams do come true!

I remember when I was really little, I wanted to be a coffee barista because I made coffee for my mom everyday, and I always had fun making it for her. Now I've been thinking about going to art classes and doing commissions.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not even lying, but in high school, I kind of wanted to be a vagrant and simply hitchhike my away back and forth across the country eking out a living. It seemed more interesting to me than most professional careers. I never really thought about the future much when I was growing up, I still don't for the most part, but I at least have more realistic goals now.

Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Not even lying, but in high school, I kind of wanted to be a vagrant and simply hitchhike my away back and forth across the country eking out a living. It seemed more interesting to me than most professional careers. I never really thought about the future much when I was growing up, I still don't for the most part, but I at least have more realistic goals now.
    This doesn't surprise me in the least

Tangled Site Contributor Aulayna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    You mean... you mean... you didn't aspire to be a canoe?

My world has been shattered.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I know right. Is my whole life one big lie?

I originally wanted to be a doctor, then a DJ, then a lawyer.

I still kind of want to be a lawyer. The Ace Attorney series has me super interested in that field.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wanted to be an astronomer from kindergarten up until sometime in middle school. I used to read any book I could about space, and I would incorporate it into school assignments whenever possible.

I specifically wanted to be the one to prove that black holes were somehow connected to other universes, which I was absolutely certain of.

And then I wanted to be a high school English teacher all the way through college. Discovered I wasn't too good at it and I don't like high schoolers. Wish I would have got to that point before I graduated college. Now I don't know what I want to do.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i wanted to be tyler durden

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I wanted to be a dragon.

Then I wanted to be a fairy.
    You wanted to be Maleficent?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I understood the urgency of it when I was in High School
    Something I've come to understand as I've gotten a little older is that it's not urgent at all while you're in high school. If students have a goal or passion to pursue then good for them, but it should never be expected of them. After all, even after graduation we were all still just kids.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Ganon speaks the truth there. I fell into my career after while trying to save money to go to school. I may have spent 48 hours in college my whole life total.

An astronaut. Kinda classic I guess. Then I grew up and was like smuuuuurf that.