Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you were a kid what did you want to be?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Default When you were a kid what did you want to be?

Hey everyone I am wondering what you wanted to be when you were a child? Did you dream of becoming a spy? A Policeman/woman? Or maybe a teacher?

Myself I had dreams of being a professional hockey player. My dad sat me down and told me it wasn't being realistic though I came close so he asked me to pick a backup dream too. That backup dream was a conservation officer. I liked the idea of tracking down poachers, helping wild animals in trouble, and restocking the rivers and lakes with fish for future generations.

Its funny I came closer to my unrealistic dream then I did the backup but hey, that's life.

What were your dreams as a child? Are you living your dream now? Are you still working toward it?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I wanted to be a paleontologist. Going around and digging up dinosaurs seemed so cool. I'm working in a nursing home, so it's kind of similar.

I do say if I go back to college, I'll do a geology major. I still like rocks seeing what makes our planet tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    I wanted to be a paleontologist. Going around and digging up dinosaurs seemed so cool. I'm working in a nursing home, so it's kind of similar.

I do say if I go back to college, I'll do a geology major. I still like rocks seeing what makes our planet tick.
    I was always fascinated by archaeology, but the one dealing with dinosaurs was the most fascinating. I think I switched every year as to whether I wanted to dig up dinosaur bones, or fly into outer space. Though general astronomy has stayed fascinating, I no longer want to ride a rocket into the stratosphere

I remember wanting to be a garbage man or an astronaut once. Even a sewer cleaner at one point because I liked the big vacuums they used.

When I was in high school I had the dumb idea of maybe becoming a teacher (I was an awful student). Oddly enough with my current job I became one in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    a blitzball
    I understood that reference.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

At one point I wanted to work at NASA.

Then I wanted to be a vet.

Then I wanted to make video games.

Then I wanted to be a Disney Princess.

Then I wanted to be a vet again.

Then I wanted to work with aeroplanes.

Then my parents got divorced and I went through one of the lowest periods of my life, which also coincidentally tied-in with when I was doing my GCSEs, picking stuff for college and University, so just chose stuff I could cruise through with no effort.

Somehow I ended up where I am today, which isn't bad by any means but I'm still not sure if it's what I really want to be doing.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    At one point I wanted to work at NASA.

Then I wanted to be a vet.

Then I wanted to make video games.

Then I wanted to be a Disney Princess.

Then I wanted to be a vet again.

Then I wanted to work with aeroplanes.

Then my parents got divorced and I went through one of the lowest periods of my life, which also coincidentally tied-in with when I was doing my GCSEs, picking stuff for college and University, so just chose stuff I could cruise through with no effort.

Somehow I ended up where I am today, which isn't bad by any means but I'm still not sure if it's what I really want to be doing.
    What is it that you really want to be doing?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

That's the thing, I don't know!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    That's the thing, I don't know!
    Well if you do have a dream don't be scared to chase it. It is never to late. I know I still would love to work with wildlife. Ensure it is there for the future generations to enjoy and watch. I volunteer my time towards that now as it doesn't pay the bills, but it is still the thing I love doing. Don't be scared to volunteer and just tip your toes in to see if you will enjoy something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, I don't think anyone really knows, tbh
    I do

I wanted to be a lot of things when I was little. Veterinarian and appraiser are the ones I remember most

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I had RAF pilot and police officer phases, followed by a concerted plan when I was a teenager to be a lawyer. I dropped that at sixth form college and instead decided upon "Rich person who does something financial at a bank, I guess?".

I have done precisely 0 of these things.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I wanted to be a dragon.

Then I wanted to be a fairy.

Then I wanted to be RIDING a dragon.

So now i'm going back to trying to be a dragon.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

When I was a kid I always hated this question. I understood the urgency of it when I was in High School, but even as a very young child I thought the question was very odd and weird to ask someone that just learned to walk a few short years ago at the time.

That being said I was pretty deep into baseball for awhile and considered that. Then I played little league for a couple of years. Overall, I had a good time and was an average player that made a couple of key plays here and there. But I knew then that playing baseball was more of a "just for fun" thing for me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I remember wanting to be a "race car �� driver" when I was an ickle hatchling but other than that I've never really been very ambitious, and that's something that I really don't like about myself.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>