Thread: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Official Thread

Default Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Official Thread

Release Date
    ----------------

WW: August 29, 2017

A tactical RPG set in the Mario universe featuring Ubisoft's Rabbids franchise!

Anyone else looking forward to this?

Pull my Devil Trigger!

I'll just quote myself from the E3 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ganon View Post
    Mario+Rabbids actually looks fun, but it could have been a viable game on its own without the rabbids. Maybe I'm just put off that this got a proper crossover with Mario before Sonic. I could see this same game with Badniks and Koopa Troopas instead of the Rayman spawns.
    If it becomes a Nintendo Select (8 years from now) I'll probably get it, but it's not looking like a $60 must-have to me.

So, Mario wants to join the XCOM project now.

I cannot say I disapprove of this idea at all.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 06-13-2017 at 05:30 AM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mario game. Tactical RPG. Checking my favorite boxes here. ...but Rabbids? Why man, why?

Those designs are pretty idiotic looking.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    ...but Rabbids? Why man, why?
    Because it was made by Ubisoft instead of Nintendo, right? I presume that's the case anyway. Nintendo has been more lenient on licensing out their products

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, I get that part. But they could have just buddied them up with Rayman or Ezio or something.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Yeah, I get that part. But they could have just buddied them up with Rayman or Ezio or something.
    Because it's Ubisoft!

:P

No, I get it, and I totally agree. Rayman would have been way better. And they're from the Rayman universe. That would have actually made me more interested. Or if they just told Ubisoft to use whatever from the Nintendo world, Mario could recruit Link and Samus

Of all the game publishers, Ubisoft is the hardest logic for me to follow. But I'm sure Nintendo didn't agree until the entire idea was laid out, so I'm sure they were okay with it for some reason

Definitely recommend anyone interested in the game to check this out. Or if you just have an interest in a behind the scenes look at how the game was made.

I honestly think this is one of the most unique and surprising games I've seen. It seems like the entire team at Ubisoft put a ton of passion and care into the project, and it really shows with how polished and gorgeous it looks.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Between Mario X-Com and Pokemon I am ready for a Nintendo Switch.

I can't really call out its flaws until they actually exist in the real world. But I still have my doubts that combination and slap-stick delivery will tell a narrative that would ever make me feel invested in the outcome. This seems like one of those games that's all about the game-play and humor

I play X-Com because there's something interesting at stake, not just for a fun battle

This will, again, be one of those games, where I'm glad it exists, someone tried something new, and took a risk, and got to pour their heart into something instead of just making a yearly cash-in sequel to something. And that's always good for the industry, so I hope it does well. But I can't see it being for me. I'm tempted to call it "Babby's first strategy game", but looking beyond my jadedness, there's probably never been a better strategy game for beginners and kids

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Mario game. Tactical RPG. Checking my favorite boxes here. ...but Rabbids? Why man, why?

Those designs are pretty idiotic looking.
    They're the Minions of video games.