Thread: Metroid Prime 4

Default Metroid Prime 4

ARE YOU HYPED? YOU SHOULD BE! IT'S HERE! THE DAY HAS COME! THE DAY WHEN GAMING'S FIRST LADY RETURNS TO STOMP ALL Y'ALL TO THE GROUND! METROID PRIME 4 IS OFFICIALLY IN DEVELOPMENT!!!

... And we don't actually get a second of concept CG or gameplay footage, unlike whenever they announce a new Mario or Zelda game. Sigh.

Still, though -- Metroid returns! Who's excited? Who thinks they can redeem themselves for the travesty that was Other M​? What are you most hopeful to see, etc, etc?

I'm excited for the fans of Metroid since I've never been a huge fan of the series, but I did really enjoy the first Prime game. Now I have incentive to return to the Prime trilogy and finish it up on the Wii U.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I need to finish up the trilogy when I have time, though I immensely enjoyed Primes 1 and 2. Would have preferred a new 2D Metroid but this is still good.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Would have preferred a new 2D Metroid but this is still good.
    You got your wish. Not new new, but it's something.

Stop, Nintendo, stop already! You've redeemed yourselves! I'll buy your things now!

*faints dead away*

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ganon View Post
    You got your wish. Not new new, but it's something.
    Yes, that is something. Would have preferred a brand new adventure but it's been so long since I played Metroid 2 that it will be basically new to me. Some of the changes to the action elements look cool.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I'm with Ganon as I never really got into Metroid, which is weird because I love Metroidvanias. But there's something about how Metroid does it that just doesn't appeal to me. But it was an obvious inspiration for games that I do love. So I appreciate their existence. I've tried Super Metroid and the GBA games, and Metroid Prime, and never finished any of them. Prime was amusingly the one I got the farthest in. But the desolation, lack of story, incessant need to scan everything, and repetitiveness eventually wore on me from all the backtracking

But still, at least they haven't forgotten the franchise as many had feared

I heard that Retro is doing this game. So I'll hold off on any excitement for the time being. I loved Prime 1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    I heard that Retro is doing this game. So I'll hold off on any excitement for the time being. I loved Prime 1 though.
    I don't get why so many people across the web are so antsy about Retro. The whole Prime trilogy is one of my favorite series of games out there, and it's not like those are flukes for the developer: the Donkey Kong Country games they've been making since are top-notch. Plus they had nothing to do with Other M or Federation Force. What am I missing?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I am actually so hyped for a game I've seen no footage of. (Not even being facetious here)

I loved the Prime series, so if they can bring that gameplay back... my body is ready.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I look forward to its 2021 release!

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    Actually, it has been confirmed that Retro is not the studio working on the game. Kensuke Tanabe is still heading the project, but Nintendo stated at a press roundtable that it had a new development team working on the project, rather than Retro Studios.

Which, interestingly enough, means that Retro still has a project that they've been confirmed to be working on for about three years that we have no other knowledge of.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Actually, it has been confirmed that Retro is not the studio working on the game. Kensuke Tanabe is still heading the project, but Nintendo stated at a press roundtable that it had a new development team working on the project, rather than Retro Studios.

Which, interestingly enough, means that Retro still has a project that they've been confirmed to be working on for about three years that we have no other knowledge of.
    I heard something different, that they working on the game. I will find this article about that. I came across this article ages ago.