Thread: I need help urgently!

Default I need help urgently!

Hi,

I started this game on my wii u, through wii mode, on the virtual console.

My wii U has a problem of turning off automatically, mid-game. This has been an ongoing issue, but I thought it had finally resolved itself, but today, it did it again

As a result, I have decided to just buy a new wii u from scratch.

However, I do not want to lose my save data for FF1.

Can someone explain, step by step, how I can transfer my FF1 save data from my old wii u to the new one when it arrives?

I've searched online, but I know this is a complicated case, because I am talking about VC data from a wii mode on a wii u.... rather than just a wii itself.

Thanks

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I have never done it with a Nintendo, but have with an Xbox where it was as simple as switching the licensing from one unit to another with my game account.

...one might think you could just use some sort of data management system, like the Wii had, and move saved data to and from an SD card. It was my understanding when the Wii launched that it would be that simple to migrate, and that the harder part was just setting up your account again. But they may have muddied the water later on in that regard, because if it were that easy people could have easily migrated saved data from Wii to WiiU and I believe there was some stupid barrier at the time

I think Agent Proto is the only one I've seen openly talk about having to do something like this. I don't own a WiiU or known anyone else in a similar situation. At least I think it was Proto...

Edit: It was Colonel Angus, but a lot of people piped up about transferring from Wii to WiiU, including virtual console. I would presume/hope the process is similar regarding WiiU > WiiU. But here's the thread if you want to talk to any of them about their experiences with it

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....m-Wii-gt-Wii-U
    Last edited by Vyk; 06-15-2017 at 02:47 AM.