Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy XV Universe is a Thing

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Don't get me wrong, I liked Carbuncle and enjoyed the demo when I played it. However, "Ooh, imagine Noctis was a kid and got shrunk in a room full of giant toys!" was just a fun little taster for the real thing and not something that adds any sort of value to the Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I liked Carbuncle and enjoyed the demo when I played it. However, "Ooh, imagine Noctis was a kid and got shrunk in a room full of giant toys!" was just a fun little taster for the real thing and not something that adds any sort of value to the Universe.
    It has a much value as a lot of other things in the main title that barely has a story part. It is a dream of Noctis with him remembering what his father told him. I imagine that is more than the fishing thing or others. Other than FFVII where really every single thing adds to the story/overall world lore/story catalogue if you want to call it that (CC, BC, VII, AC, DoC with only LO being a re-interpretation), including novellas (OtWtaS, LT:TKaa, even MwttP), same for XIII which also has novellas like Episode Zero and the Fragment one after XIII as well as the short thing about Lightning after XIII-3. Another good example is KH.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-14-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Wasn't this announced and revealed at the Uncovered event last year? I could be wrong, the logo seems familiar, then again I guess it's possibly because there's so many FFXV things now I'm getting it mixed up with something else. xD

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh Squenix, every time you look like you've learned from your mistakes, you turn around and show us that you learned nothing.

On the other hand, are any of us surprised here? I mean it's not not like SE hasn't been milking/beating a dead horse with the FF franchise for years now; we shouldn't really be surprised that XV wasn't going to get the same treatment. I'm actually surprised they haven't teased a sequel no one asked for yet.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm mostly with Psychotic. I even got the season pass, but I've had no motivation to go back for episode gladio or anything. I had fun with the game and have been done once I beat it.

I have no real interest in this universe thing. Honestly, the game has possibly been the biggest disappointment out of the FF series for me. I might eventually jump back in to try out the dlc since I already put money to it, but I'm ready to move on to other worlds and stories.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I'm mostly with Psychotic. I even got the season pass, but I've had no motivation to go back for episode gladio or anything. I had fun with the game and have been done once I beat it.

I have no real interest in this universe thing. Honestly, the game has possibly been the biggest disappointment out of the FF series for me. I might eventually jump back in to try out the dlc since I already put money to it, but I'm ready to move on to other worlds and stories.
    Episode Gladiolus is extremely short, but the gameplay is pretty fun - you should give it a go, and then get back to whatever it is you're playing. I haven't touched FFXV again since completing EG but I'll be getting Episode Prompto when I get paid at the end of the month. Don't have any interest in going back to the main game, though - I couldn't be bothered to get the flying regalia and I certainly don't care about the off-road regalia, either - that should have been there from the beginning. Then again, a complete story should have been there, too, and me buying these DLC are fueling SE to say "LOOK, PEOPLE ARE BUYING IT!". Am I a bad person?!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't touched the DLC myself because I can't be bothered and I'm pretty much against the idea of fixing a game after release unless it's a major bug or just minor fixes. It makes my blood boil just a little bit that in three or four years from now, we'll probably have the FFXV we should have had last year thanks to all the DLC.

I can sympathize that XV's disastrous development history forced the game to be released early, so I can look past some of it's more glaring flaws on that note, but this slow burn of fixing everything kind of sends a bad message overall. I would be really annoyed if SE used this model as an excuse to simply release their games earlier than they should be so they can just patch it later.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Why does it feel like all their games of late go through a development hell.

I think they are already using it as a model to release things early and patch later.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

I think they are already using it as a model to release things early and patch later.
    It works for EA/BioWareJr. It worked for Activision. It worked for WB. BandaiNamco aren't innocent either. And it's not even new. The situation with Obsidian and New Vegas was basically this, when ZeniMax forced them to release it rather than delay it, and screw them out of royalties. And Bethesda Sr. has become notorious for it since as well. It's sadly a business model that works, and Square have taken notice

And it's one of those stupid things where if we boycott it, that just hurts the developers and they get laid off for making a game that under-performed, rather than the publisher realizing they're meddling too much

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

It works for EA/BioWareJr. It worked for Activision. It worked for WB. BandaiNamco aren't innocent either. And it's not even new. The situation with Obsidian and New Vegas was basically this, when ZeniMax forced them to release it rather than delay it, and screw them out of royalties. And Bethesda Sr. has become notorious for it since as well. It's sadly a business model that works, and Square have taken notice

And it's one of those stupid things where if we boycott it, that just hurts the developers and they get laid off for making a game that under-performed, rather than the publisher realizing they're meddling too much
    Yeah but in SE's case, they are the publisher and developer.

Fair point, but it's still a mindset of release early, get money, fix later. Even if their mindset isn't as malicious as the others. It's still sad

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Fair point, but it's still a mindset of release early, get money, fix later. Even if their mindset isn't as malicious as the others. It's still sad
    Oh no, I was implying that screwing them out of money wasn't going to hurt as many innocents.