Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV Universe is a Thing

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Final Fantasy XV Universe is a Thing

So Square Enix has made it official. Final Fantasy XV and all the games, shows, and movie are now under one umbrella. This is the Final Fantasy XV Universe. They released a trailer for it at E3 2017.

The Universe contains:

With future entries that haven't had confirmed with trailers yet:
    • Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis
    • Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades

During an interview director Hajime Tabata said that Final Fantasy XV is no longer part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy. (Which included Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Type-0, and Final Fantasy Agito, as well as XV's previously known self of Final Fantasy Versus XIII) The Universe of Final Fantasy XV is standalone despite its original development.

Check out the trailer:

In this trailer we also get the release date of the DLC Episode: Prompto; a stand alone scenario. That date is June 27th! Also on that date, you'll be getting an update to the base game that allows you to take your royal car off-roading! It's called the "Regalia Type-D". It'll be released the same day as the Prompto DLC.

What are your thoughts about Final Fantasy XV being its own universe? Are you excited for the new DLC? Want to go off roading? Share your thoughts!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXV is the only game to reject being part of one umbrella grouping and make another for itself.

Can they just focus on the DLC they promised instead of spamming us with pointless minigames?

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    Can they just focus on the DLC they promised instead of spamming us with pointless minigames?
    SE Exec: Did you hear that? They want more Mobile games!

Amusing that "FFXV is no longer part of the FNC" when Kitase-san once said it still is a part a while before it came out. Even without directly sharing the same universe. But I guess sometimes you just don't get identical answers, just like Hashimoto previously also mentioned own universes. It is always the best to ask the writers.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Join the evolution? What does that even mean?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

We're evolving with a Moonstone into Finalest Fantasy

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Join the evolution? What does that even mean?
    "Quick, let's come up with a word that isn't revolution!"

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    The Finalest of Fantasies is an announcement trailer for a mobile game. It features Lightning dressed in an outfit comprised entirely of belts stamping on a human face, forever [Please Look Forward To It].

The thing Square-Enix don't get is that a pinball game and a fishing game are totally different genres to an RPG. I like Final Fantasy because I like RPGs. I give absolutely zero smurfs about pinball and VR fishing. Having them vaguely tangentially related to a Final Fantasy game does not make me want to actually play them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

What happened to that Prompto VR thing? Is that part of the Episode Prompto?

oh trout they're probably reformatting it to be a photography game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    The Finalest of Fantasies is an announcement trailer for a mobile game. It features Lightning dressed in an outfit comprised entirely of belts stamping on a human face, forever [Please Look Forward To It].

The thing Square-Enix don't get is that a pinball game and a fishing game are totally different genres to an RPG. I like Final Fantasy because I like RPGs. I give absolutely zero smurfs about pinball and VR fishing. Having them vaguely tangentially related to a Final Fantasy game does not make me want to actually play them.
    This. The main thing I'd want people to remember about FFXV if I was SE is the fantastic story, the amazing gameplay, the graphics, not a smurfing fishing minigame.

I really like XV. I really do not like this idea.

The game barely scraped by a basic definition of "complete," leaving a lot of things unnecessarily offscreen or in tie-ins that you have to play or watch to understand anything. It had an amazing story and a lot of great characters despite that, but making it the foundation for its own universe seems incredibly foolhardy, and that's without even going into the fact that it appears to be heavily comprised of glorified party games that turn the whole thing into a joke.

Articles

I'm appreciative of free content, like the monster truck Regalia looks fun. But here's the kicker, my FFXV experience is done for the foreseeable future. I beat it, got what I wanted out of it, and moved on. I'm not going to boot the thing back up just to be able to drive a monster truck around for a bit. I haven't even had the motivation to play the Episode Gladio DLC yet!

Also, including DLC is one thing, but they seriously can't be including a demo in their universe.

Quote Originally Posted by KleinerKiller View Post
    I really like XV. I really do not like this idea.

The game barely scraped by a basic definition of "complete," leaving a lot of things unnecessarily offscreen or in tie-ins that you have to play or watch to understand anything. It had an amazing story and a lot of great characters despite that, but making it the foundation for its own universe seems incredibly foolhardy, and that's without even going into the fact that it appears to be heavily comprised of glorified party games that turn the whole thing into a joke.
    I completely disagree. The story and characters were seriously lacking any depth, and were not fleshed out in any way.

Seeing this entire "FFXV Universe" makes me resent Square Enix even more for this disaster of a game. They should have given the game another year of development time, ditched all of the irrelevant minigames and film, and focused on creating a complete experience for the long time fans who had been patiently waiting for it.

Instead, SE is basically slapping us all in the face. They're content to drag the FF brand through the mud by selling us Cup Noodles and joke minigames.

Happy 30th Anniversary, Final Fantasy fans. This is what you get.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm appreciative of free content, like the monster truck Regalia looks fun. But here's the kicker, my FFXV experience is done for the foreseeable future. I beat it, got what I wanted out of it, and moved on. I'm not going to boot the thing back up just to be able to drive a monster truck around for a bit. I haven't even had the motivation to play the Episode Gladio DLC yet!

Also, including DLC is one thing, but they seriously can't be including a demo in their universe.
    probably because that demo was the carbuncle one. And that's not actually in the game anywhere but there