I did a thread like this a few years back, it's summer so let's do a little movie homework, though I'm going to add a rule. If someone posts a film that would have been on your list, you need to quote it, but still list five movies not counting the quoted one. Let's see how many cool flicks we can come up with.

Here's mine:

Grosse Point Blank - One of my favorite comedies of all time, it's the story of a hitman who goes back to his ten year high school reunion. Pretty dark comedy and some great witty dialogue. It was made by the same team that did High Fidelity if you've seen that.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... Spring - A gorgeous and thoughtful Korean film about a small Buddhist temple on a lake. It's actually like five small stories but have each add to an overarching plot.

Jacob's Ladder - An obscure psychological horror film, but one that Team Silent cited as an inspiration for their games. It's about a Vietnam vet suffering from PTSD after coming back from the war and learning his son had died in an accident. His visions become more nightmarish and he soon learns he may have been an unknowing subject in an experimental drug the army used during the war.

Galaxy Express 999 - Anime film adaption of legendary manga-ka Leiji Matsumoto. The film takes place in a far future where man has travelled to space and even begun transcending their flesh for robot parts, if you're rich enough that is. A young boy meets the mysterious Mateal who takes him on the titles train through space so that he may get a machine body as well and kill the robot who murdered his mother.

Big Fish - Probably my favorite live-action Tim Burton film. It's the story of a son and his pregnant wife meeting his estranged father who is well known for telling tall tales about his life. While the son ignores it all as farce, the wife listens as the father tells the fantastic tale of his life.