Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're now in charge of Square-Enix...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo You're now in charge of Square-Enix...

Name five things you would change about the company. Go!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I WOULD NOT GATE THE FIFTH QUEST AND ITS SUBSEQUENT AREAS IN AN MMO EXPANSION BEHIND A SINGLE PERSON INSTANCE THAT CAN ONLY BE ACCESSED BY A VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE GAME-WIDE AT A TIME
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

1) Either the XV Universe starts putting out interesting things, or it gets canned and we're moving on to XVI.

2) Complete games at reasonable deadlines instead of incomplete ones years in development.

3) FFIX HD remake is now in development.

4) We're just going to call ourselves Squaresoft again.

5) In order to boost morale, all of the staff have been issued one hour per day of access to the company ball pit.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. Move on to FFXVI and don't take a decade to do it

2. FFIX HD REMASTER IS YES. Remaster though, do not change my beloved game. Add in VIII too

3. Work on a lot more new IPs.

4. Hire someone who actually knows how to do those things I listed above

5. Profit?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

What jinx said xD

1. Don't announce games too early, wait till the game is at least 2-3 years away before announcing anything.
    2. Split the series into three- turn based classics, Tactics universe and action rpgs. Turn- Based can be Final Fantasy : Prime. Tactics Universe can be Final Fantasy : Ivalice legends. Action Rpgs can be Final Fantasy: Synergy. And then go example Final Fantasy : Prime I- II- II- IV etc.
    3. Remake FF V and FF VI on the Nintendo Switch
    4. Remake FF VIII and FF IX on the PS4
    5. Remake Chrono Trigger for the PS4 and Switch

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

1) Build a pudgy bird statue outside SE HQ

2) Turn everyone's desk in to a nest

3) Company goes in to liquidation before getting to the 4th and 5th thing
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 06-17-2017 at 09:55 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

1. Agree w/ going back to being Squaresoft

2. New Chrono game

3. Blitz game

4. FF Mystic Quest remake, expanding on ideas from the original game, but make it better, maybe w/ FFXII battle system

5. FFVIII & IX HD Remastered

1. Release all Dragon Quest games in the west
    2. That's it

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    1. Don't announce games too early, wait till the game is at least 2-3 years away before announcing anything.
    2. Split the series into three- turn based classics, Tactics universe and action rpgs. Turn- Based can be Final Fantasy : Prime. Tactics Universe can be Final Fantasy : Ivalice legends. Action Rpgs can be Final Fantasy: Synergy. And then go example Final Fantasy : Prime I- II- II- IV etc.
    3. Remake FF V and FF VI on the Nintendo Switch
    4. Remake FF VIII and FF IX on the PS4
    5. Remake Chrono Trigger for the PS4 and Switch
    This.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

1. FFVI Remake
    2. Episode Luna for FFXV
    3. Announce new games once the development is pretty advanced so people don't have to wait many years
    4. FFIV, FFV, FFVIII and FFIX Remake

Most of what I'd want are things that Square is probably already doing.

- Stop development on Final Fantasy XV after Episode Ignis is released.
    - Begin development of Final Fantasy XVI with a focus on returning to turn-based combat and deeper fantasy elements.
    - Re-evaluate development philosophy, with a focus on gameplay, story and sound over realism and visual fidelity.
    - Put all other projects on hold, move staff to begin full development of KH3 and FF7R.
    - Release KH3 in 2018 and FF7R in 2019.
    - Outsource FF8 and FF9 HD remasters to another company, or re-release them on PS4.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Not listen to the fans as much as they did the last 3 years because the FFXIII rant clearly influenced FFXV too much. XIII-2 and XIII-3 were good at acknowledging the criticism and still doing its own thing. XV though was too much and therefore lacked too much. If you have a trophy that literally is called "The Open World" then you are trying to please your fans too much instead of doing your own thing.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I WOULD NOT GATE THE FIFTH QUEST AND ITS SUBSEQUENT AREAS IN AN MMO EXPANSION BEHIND A SINGLE PERSON INSTANCE THAT CAN ONLY BE ACCESSED BY A VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE GAME-WIDE AT A TIME
    I'm glad they put you in charge so you could fix things!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1) Rework the development teams and budgetary priorities to cut down on development time. Basically I would cut the budget for high end graphics by a small percentage in order to save on time and costs, and build three core FF teams to work on different entries in a staggered schedule so the games will release every two years from each other. I would dissolve the notion of a "core team" and make sure each development team has a new director/writer/composer to keep the franchise feeling fresh.

2) I'd use the money saved from the graphics department to hire some goddamn writers for the series. No more outsourcing to that hack Nojima and his studio, no more artsy directors telling the few scenario writers you have what to write, no more development team going back through and hacking away scripts. They need an in-house writing staff and it's going to be a minimum of twelve writers who oversee all of the writing for the team. Maybe we'll now get some stories that are not stupid or fall completely apart after the 3/5ths mark of the game.

3) Team up with Mistwalker and Tokyo RPG factory to make Chrono 3. Hire Masato Kato and Mitsuda to work on it as well, since they've been begging Square-Enix for years to do so. Probably tap Eiichiro Oda or some other famous manga author as character designer.

4) Start letting the other internal Japanese Divisions work on bigger non-FF, non-mobile projects. You should be tapping Tokito, Kitase, and Ito to make some original IPs. They will probably end up being a loss, but the creativity combined with bringing in people who will work on later FF games will allow for more original ideas to make there way into the main franchise instead of simply looking at what everyone else is doing and copying it. You may even create a new franchise.

5) End the practice of transforming individual FF titles into multimedia franchises. It hurts the writing and it's a pain for fans to have to jump through so many hoops to enjoy one game because you left vital information in a novella, mobile spin-off, or made for TV movie. You should build the games to standalone. Write the spin-off crap after the main event is over, and you know fans want to know more.

If I could do one more thing, I'd make Kitase step down as Executive Producer of the FF franchise and replace him with Hiroyuki Ito. I would then have Kitase go back to being a director for the franchise.