Thread: Magitek Suit v2 RAGE!!

Blog Entries

Default Magitek Suit v2 RAGE!!

I know that is very optional and not needed to complete the game. I just want to have 1 of every item there is. So I have everything so far but this one little accessory. For a few days now I have sat and played every now and then. I can get the MA-X Angelus-0 to spawn quite easily (sometimes). He appears at the camps near hammerhead. I've fought the guy about 20 times now. Still haven't got the accessory. Not once.

The battle isn't hard. All I have to do is armiger about 3-4 times and the thing is dead. The mini-boss has thrown me straight into the freaking sun before. I kid you not, I was free falling back into the world for like 2 minutes. Surprisingly this did not even kill me but I lost the mob.

I don't use the easy difficulty rating and I don't know if that is why this item hasn't dropped. I know that it is a 95% drop for Magitek Suit and a 5% drop for v2. I'm just enraged cause I usually get lucky with these sort of things.

So I went from taking him out piece by piece starting with his shoulders and then with his extra missile launcher and arm piece. Now I just use Ignis enhancement with a Muscle Stimulant and target him head on. It's quicker if you just target his face. I also use the 100% critical hit meal at camp. I save at the beginning of the day to spend several attempts for him to spawn. The guy sometimes never comes. It's like a 14% chance for him to appear.

Speaking of which he won't appear unless you've killed the level 76 machine first. So not only do you have to beat the game, you have to kill this machine first and then wait to get even luckier. No meal will make that 5% rare drop increase and no matter what he drops an item. I've had no such luck at finding a better way to dispose of this enemy. All he needs to do is drop this item more cause it's just an item not the freaking lottery.

The other players have no mind at all for fighting this thing. They just stand there and get hit 90% of the time. I've managed to boost their defense up so they live longer, but they drop like flies. Not only that but I've played so long now the damn MA-X Angelus-0 itself is doing back flips on me.

It doesn't help that two areas on the creature is immune unless he is using them. It makes Noctis go on a killing spree not even hurting the thing. Even summons do squat damage and they are gods in this game. So I don't know how many more attempts I'll take trying to get this item. I'll let you know if something happens and I magically get 1 after all this. Hopefully soon cause I've got everything else.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

I have 5 or 6 suits. It is perfectly normal to not get one in 20 battles just as it is normal to get one in 20 battles. That is how probability works. 1/20 does not mean you will definitely get one.

I can give you a few more tips though if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Spawn increases
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...nal+fantasy+xv
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I can give you a few more tips though if you want.
    Sure it might help me and others out too.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    I think I've seen these videos. I was just ranting for the sake of a rant. Also to see if anyone else knows the struggle.
    Marcus

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

i think we all know the pain of dealing with the RNG gods, sometimes they'll favor us others they just wanna watch us squirm...

funny thing, i had a friend that refused to believe how probability worked, for example, if something had a 1/100 drop rate he thought by 100 he should be guaranteed that item... i'd often tell him probability doesn't work like that and he'd still rage when he hit that 100th kill in 1/100 and get nothing but junk drops...

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    i think we all know the pain of dealing with the RNG gods, sometimes they'll favor us others they just wanna watch us squirm...

funny thing, i had a friend that refused to believe how probability worked, for example, if something had a 1/100 drop rate he thought by 100 he should be guaranteed that item... i'd often tell him probability doesn't work like that and he'd still rage when he hit that 100th kill in 1/100 and get nothing but junk drops...
    It really is all about whether something is stochastically dependent or independent. I do see the point of someone thinking about the "oh it should drop" thing because when you say "1/100 means in 100 battles one should come" and having the feeling "now it should come" has some kind of certain contextualized thought. Of course the chance is 1/100 nonetheless but I can see where that thought is coming from because I often have the same thought.

Blog Entries

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-AlCqthSEg" target="_blank">

I finally got it on my new game+ file and another time on my original file. The 1 hit kill with the ring helps a lot. The main struggle was actually killing it before the ring got upgraded.
    Marcus