Thread: New Trailer Lands for Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo New Trailer Lands for Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto!

The new trailer for Final Fantasy XV's latest DLC Episode: Prompto has now been released. Featuring over two minutes of gameplay footage and cutscenes, the trailer hopes to entice players wanting more from Final Fantasy XV.

"Lose your will to live and you lose all hope of me helping your sorry ass"

The trailer expands upon some of the combat mechanics teased from previous releases. While coverage from Freya indicated a move towards more stealth-based gameplay, this trailer holds nothing back in showing some of the more visceral over-the-shoulder shooting. Prompto seems just as comfortable running and gunning as he is crouching under cover. Maybe he got too stiff hiding under cardboard boxes?

Prompto 1.jpg
    Who needs boxes when you have semi-automatic guns

You won't just be alone however. The trailer confirms that Prompto will be getting assistance from Aranea, sporting a somewhat new look that seems to be inspired by Final Fantasy Type-0's fetching red scarves. It seems you might also be able to initiate team attacks with the dragoon.

Finally, if you wish your Final Fantasies had more James Bond influences, then you'll be glad that vehicle sections in the snow seem to feature also. Sadly, no Aston Martins this time around.

Prompto 2.jpg
    Be sure to stop by the Ice Hotel!

"Now you finally come home to Nifelheim, my son"

The trailer also hints at some of the story that'll unfold as you play through the touted 2-3 hour game time. Prompto's family and past seem to be brought into the fore a lot more in this DLC, while will please Prompto fans who want to learn more about his upbringing. Ardyn is also set to make an appearance, as does Noctis in a surreal looking cutscene.

Episode: Prompto will release on both PS4 and Xbox One on the 27th June. Prompto is often behind the camera taking photographs, but in this DLC he'll be the main focus. Will you be looking forward to this DLC? Do you think this will do well or do you think our hero will get camera shy?

A link to the subtitled version of the trailer can be found here.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

okay the trailer makes it look pretty cool actually

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Wow I am now way more hyped for this than I was Episode Gladiolus!

The shooting mechanics look really awful from the trailer.

Here's hoping the DLC lasts longer than Episode Gladio, which was under an hour long.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Looks pretty good despite my dislike for FPS games, and happy to see Aranea cause she was easily one of my favorite characters from XV.

This looks really fun. I'm getting a big MGS1 vibe from it, too. Not surprisingly.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I watched the trailer without sound, and it looks a lot more interesting than Episode Gladiolus. I'll pick it up at the end of the month because these episodes are the only reasons why I'll be popping the game disc in again.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

It was SOOOO much more fun than Episode Gladiolus and it did last around three hours like they said (and that was without doing any side quests). I would play it for fun in the future outside of trophy cleanup.