Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6162021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Death of a Fansite - An EoFF RPG

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I felt it was just right. It had a challenge, but it wasn't unbeatable. I let him hit whoever he hit, then either ressed them, or put on the pain to finish him off, depending on how far into the battle I was.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretty much same. It was like, square in the middle when it comes to the difficulty of the dice optional fights.

Haven't found the thing you mentioned though

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I did, but I thought it was a reference to something else. I've never actually played Fallout 2. Or watched the show I thought it referenced.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I found the disappearing blue thing almost immediately. Haven't had the time to beat any of the optional bosses though.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Just out of curiosity as I haven't heard much talk about it, how did you all find the "Desert wanderer" boss battle? How did you all deal with his 99,999 attacks?

Also, did any of you find a certain disappearing blue thing out there? (this is actually a Fallout 2 homage)
    Thought it was a (SPOILER) Dr. Who easter egg.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It does reference that show of course, but I incorporated it in that manner as you have a very similar encounter in Fallout 2 in the desert - which was itself an easter egg that referenced said show.

For hidden boss, Evading Sonata + Draw Fire = magic. If you count the turns, of course.

Wait a minute, we are all characters in a game? That is really weird.

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This game has been great fun so far, but I'm terrible at it apparently. Or I just have bad luck. I'm in the fight after the Gilgamesh3 battle, and I can't seem to make much progress. He likes to get multiple turns or have a multi hit move that often just targets one person and kills them. When I do get towards the end, he uses a dark move that hits the entire party and seems to be a one hit kill.

(SPOILER) Del Murder, why must you hate me so?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    This game has been great fun so far, but I'm terrible at it apparently. Or I just have bad luck. I'm in the fight after the Gilgamesh3 battle, and I can't seem to make much progress. He likes to get multiple turns or have a multi hit move that often just targets one person and kills them. When I do get towards the end, he uses a dark move that hits the entire party and seems to be a one hit kill.

The Secret to winning that fight is...POISON!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

I was using pumpkin to do so, but I kept getting my entire party silenced. Currently using psychotic, Nut, Formy, Bubba, and Freya. Freya and Bubba are working together to heal. Formy is poisoning and weakening attack at the moment. I've tried a few combinations but no luck so far.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

I was using pumpkin to do so, but I kept getting my entire party silenced. Currently using psychotic, Nut, Formy, Bubba, and Freya. Freya and Bubba are working together to heal. Formy is poisoning and weakening attack at the moment. I've tried a few combinations but no luck so far.
    I used Psychotic, Pumpkin, Nut, Freya , and Shauna for the fight. Make sure to buy the accessory that prevents silence and give it to Pumpkin before the fight. Give Psychotic and a few other party members the rings that half Dark damage.

Psychotic - Lifesyphon + Walrus Skin, Banishing Blade
    Pumpkin - Poison, then Flare and her first limit
    Nut - Build up limit with skills and use his final limit.
    Freya - Lifesyphon and Ointment Heal, keep at least one of her dragoon skills.
    Shauna - Protectga and Cura, use limits when you get them.

This boss works in phases but if you can get Psy to start drawing his attacks away from everyone else, it goes a lot easier. As usual with any fight dependent on a status ailment, the big deciding factor on your victory is how quickly you can get it on the boss. Poison will rock this boss but be careful about his phases. Once he gets down to about half health, he pulls off a super powerful buff move that give him a whole slew of bonuses including regen. Dispel it with Banishing Blade or Dispel and quickly get poison back on to him.Y ou seriously don't want the boss to get any health back from regen and poison does wonders against them.

In my fight, I lucked out and not only got poison on him but even after he killed most of my party, Freya was the survivor and I used her dragoon skills to avoid damage while poison took care of him.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've just started so I have little to say except I think I have a big crush on Shauna.

e; omg nevermind I met Pike and it's the cutest I've ever seen her outside of real life

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    I've just started so I have little to say except I think I have a big crush on Shauna.

e; omg nevermind I met Pike and it's the cutest I've ever seen her outside of real life
    Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the villain of The Fluffy Puff Chronicles.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

cant wait for all the fan fiction