Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of a Fansite - An EoFF RPG

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I have played a bit of it but haven't got a chance to sit down with t yet. May get that chance tonight. I like it so far.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I kind of have a teeny tiny minor gripe. Unless it's a limit break, characters can't get past the damage limit. But if they hit a target with their weakness, they deal either max damage or near max damage. Getting their attack power up at that point seems kind of pointless, so I've honestly never found a use for Bubba so far. My idea of balancing this would be to either limit the overall damage dealt, or let beefed up characters go over the damage limit.

But of course, I could be dead wrong and it's your game, but I just thought this could be a useful idea to throw out there

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    When the crystal shows up, when you smash it it'll reset your timer. Just gotta burst him really hard over the start of the fight. Dark damage (and in particular drain abilities) are your friend, although I recommend against Freya because she's not good at quick damage.
    he casts reflect that lasts for the same 8 turns that my pink orbs over my guys last for! is there a status element im affected by im not aware of? cause they all get doomed right after the pink balls over their heads reach 0

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

No no, it's a fair point. I would really like a discussion about the battle system, balancing, strengths, weaknesses and so on, as this is only Version 1. More to come. But I also think it's a conversation best timed for a few days from now once all is said and done. There are ideas for future endeavours, I think.

To give you a quick hot take on that though, I do find Bubba's boost to be incredibly useful myself. If we zero in on weaknesses then of course the impact will be relatively negligible. Where it shines is on multi-hit skills and non-elemental ones. Nut's Wild Swipes, for example, or Scruffington's Thief's Revenge. Plus it also just raises the generic damage of more general utility skills like Formy's breaks and drain abilities. Plus naturally the impact on the two damage limit breaking limit breaks (...what the hell did I just type) is sublime. But, more anon, perhaps.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    When the crystal shows up, when you smash it it'll reset your timer. Just gotta burst him really hard over the start of the fight. Dark damage (and in particular drain abilities) are your friend, although I recommend against Freya because she's not good at quick damage.
    he casts reflect that lasts for the same 8 turns that my pink orbs over my guys last for! is there a status element im affected by im not aware of? cause they all get doomed right after the pink balls over their heads reach 0
    Ah right. Yeah, the pink balls are a doom countdown. You need to smash Sephex down to 60 or 65%ish health before they hit 0. Either use dispel (Fynn has it and Psychotic has Banishing Blade which also does it) to take his reflect away, or use physical Dark attacks and ignore reflect. Shauna's Drain Strike and Nut's Furious Reckoning both fit that bill.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

oh nice good call

GODDAMMIT

BUBBA IS THE MOST POWERFUL BEING IN THE UNIVERSE

FRENETIC BEAT IS OVERPOWERED

Articles

So all it takes is one caps lock post and you do a total u-turn on him?

Sephiroth is right, by the way. Frenetic Beat is one of the best abilities in the game. I actually meant to put it at 4 uses, not 5, but there you go. Enjoy.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've beat down three of the hidden bosses so far. That laugh is creepy. And perfect. I also found all three of the things the lady asked me to find, but didn't get anything for it. Do I have to take out the fourth boss in the tent first, too?

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I've beat down three of the hidden bosses so far. That laugh is creepy. And perfect. I also found all three of the things the lady asked me to find, but didn't get anything for it. Do I have to take out the fourth boss in the tent first, too?
    You should have gotten a thing from the lady for finding those other three things, and then the thing she gives you lets you fight another.

The laugh is an actual recording of the person in question.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So all it takes is one caps lock post and you do a total u-turn on him?

Sephiroth is right, by the way. Frenetic Beat is one of the best abilities in the game. I actually meant to put it at 4 uses, not 5, but there you go. Enjoy.
    I mean, you can't argue that Seph doesn't make a compelling argument

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

After looking for them again I've notice you have to find them in a certain order. Got it now!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    After looking for them again I've notice you have to find them in a certain order. Got it now!
    Oh, huh. That... shouldn't be a thing. They should all just add +1 to your "found thing" count and when it hits 3, you're good. I may have to look into that!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not sure exactly what it is. After I started the quest I interacted with one every time I saw it, then the game randomly decided to say "hey, there's the first one" at one of them. It may have somehow not started before, as well. Totally possible to be standing in the wrong spot when you turn the quest in and get stuck, though