Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of a Fansite - An EoFF RPG

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I honestly found the trio to be pretty hard and I had to sleep them what the hell are you all doing to them?! Like my design ethos with that battle was "you need to put them to sleep and focus on one at a time or else the damage taken will be too much" but clearly i failed xD

Although I did have to nerf them as they were too powerful when I was testing (you'll notice they all have set moves which don't do damage for turn 1 - that's why) so maybe my memories are of god mode trio, idk

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Formy used Sleep buster on two of them, then full break on the remaining one. Psy used Protectga, Shauna used Shellga. I used Holy and everyone else just focused on the one awake with their best attacks . Rinse and repeat.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I used the sleep song and hit them one at a time in (SPOILER)Jinx, Auly, Me - equipped Fynn with Holy and Psy with banishing blade and his other holy move and used Nut's limit break

Articles

Oh so you all ARE doing what I wanted. Okay! Fair enough then xD

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

(SPOILER) Christmas and Jiro have been the two hardest for me so far. It took me a while to get limit breaks lined up to take him out at 35%.

Articles

Actually for the Trio, I think where I went wrong was upping the chances of sleep. You have a 50% chance of putting them to sleep. I should've had it at anywhere between 25-40% on reflection. Maybe I'll fix that in a patch! The idea behind having a lower chance is to have the player desperately trying to survive while praying that they can land sleep, but I also didn't want it to be too heavily dependent on RNG and players losing for no other reason than bad luck. Of course, you can't entirely avoid RNG and nor should you try, it's about finding a balance.

I'm interested that #5 gave you trouble! I assume the counters and the blinds did that.

With #7, he was entirely too weak during testing and could be sneezed out of you way. He has some of the lowest stats, and I think his rage mode activated at 30% health and gave a 135% stat boost. I upped the health it took to trigger it, and he now gets a whopping 167% boost I believe. That's why Formy with his stacking debuffs (and indeed Water elemental limit break) is critical for that fight.

Lol.

Final Floor and I spotted the option to equip other skills. I already wondered why others had less trouble and how they used the other abilities they mentioned.

I must be pretty good to have made it this far. And I spotted skills that make Fynn better! Congrats, Fynn!
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-22-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Lol.

Final Floor and I spotted the option to equip other skills. I already wondered why others had less trouble and how they used the other abilities they mentioned.

I must be pretty good to have made it this far. And I spotted skills that make Fynn better! Congrats, Fynn!
    Holy trout snacks!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I have started this game! Love Fwab. Also, yay I see me!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I played a little bit of Tara's playthrough and watched for about an hour or so. I think I'll probably do a run through of my own in the next couple days, seems like a lot of fun.

I loved the weapon named after me as well!

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Someone, please do a "Let's Play!"

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Lol.

How in the actual smurf did you do that xD well done, very impressive!

A couple of people mentioned they had no idea you had to change skills so there's lessons to be learned as a Dev there. I thought I went overboard in telling people in game they could and should change skills but it seems I did the opposite!

Anyway I should totally add Sephiroth DLC where he only has two skills and can't equip any more!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I'm gonna need to play this when I get my laptop powered on someday... I've been using my Chromebook near exclusively anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    Someone, please do a "Let's Play!"

I fully support this.