Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151929 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of a Fansite - An EoFF RPG

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

theundeadhero is our first winner! Out of curiosity what sorts of shards did you use the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Seph

Why aren't you using a white mage
    Cause you were useless when I had you in my team, Scruffington can heal himself with his attack, Bubba can heal a bit when necessary and Freya can heal the big damage with a LIMIT Break when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    That is so rude
    If being useless in my team is rude then why don't you stop with it?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I used the basic starter shards for most of the game. It wasn't until the special bosses that I changed it up. For some I had Psy with basic SWD damage, Nut and Freya with superstartpower thingy, then Bubba and Fynn with stronger heals. Another variation I frequently used was Shauna instead of Bubba. Our laughing buddy was the first fight I used three mega-shards, giving one to Psy as well, so that two of the adds were gone by early second turn, and the third was often dispelled. Desert tent battle was the only one I used four on, adding it to Bubba to use at the start.

Bubba and Fynn were my most used characters. Shauna was the character I would swap Bubba out with if I needed an additional big heal instead of a smaller AOE one. I used Psy in about half the fights of the game. My early party was significantly different to my late game one. Early one I used Scruffington for thieving and either Fox or Pumpkin depending on the fight, or sometimes both. By late game Freya's and Nut's limit breaks were too strong to ignore. I used Life Siphon to build them up quickly, which I later adapted into my Psy strategy, too.

The hardest fight was the one just after reaching the key, which took me several hours.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am seriously contemplating how much trouble I'd get in at work for downloading and running this thing. I'm hoping a particular character is included in some way and that there is some super ultimate boss or quest involving my favorite EoFF group of all time.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I only beat the first enemy, but this game is actually really well done. I really didn't expect it to be this endearing tbh.

I'll have to play more when I'm not running on 24+ hours without sleep. :P

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I am seriously contemplating how much trouble I'd get in at work for downloading and running this thing. I'm hoping a particular character is included in some way and that there is some super ultimate boss or quest involving my favorite EoFF group of all time.
    Yes, eestlinc is in the game.

FYNN I GAVE YOU A FAIR CHANCE AND YOU DISAPPOINTED ME!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS, HOW USELESS CAN A SINGLE PERSON BE TO LOSE TO A LITTLE BLONDE GIRL!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

How is that even possible? I'm the single most crucial member of my party??

Articles

Seriously. I never leave home without Formy or Fynn.

I'm probably going to add a new white mage in as DLC tho

I've encountered a weird bug - I'm trying to equip the Dispel skill on Fynn just before the Sephex battle but after I do that I can't leave the equip skill menu when pressing ESC - I can leave the menu before equipping the skill, but after I equip it ESC won't work - I kind of need that skill too for this boss battle so not sure what to do other than try reloading an earlier save and changing the skill then.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    I've encountered a weird bug - I'm trying to equip the Dispel skill on Fynn just before the Sephex battle but after I do that I can't leave the equip skill menu when pressing ESC - I can leave the menu before equipping the skill, but after I equip it ESC won't work - I kind of need that skill too for this boss battle so not sure what to do other than try reloading an earlier save and changing the skill then.
    Did you equip it instead of a limit? You can only equip two skills and two limits.

Hmm, exact same thing happens when I try to equip Psy's Banishing Blade- maybe there's a bug right before battles where you can't change skills?

EDIT: Ah, you're right Psy, that's what it was - time to give the boss battle another try!

EDIT 2: Lol the jerk crystal appeared and then the doom spell activated right after.

It seems that Psy's Banishing Blade works to remove the Reflect spell but Fynn's Dispel reflects back onto Fynn. I'm still trying to find a party that can make the jerk crystal appear in time to destroy it.
    Last edited by Vincent, Thunder God; 06-21-2017 at 08:30 PM.