Thread: Bates Motel

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Bates Motel

Pheesh and I have been binge watching this on Netflix. We're up to season 4 now!

Let's discuss how perfect and beautiful Vera Farmiga is because she is amazing.

Who else has watched this incredible and twisted story?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I recently finished this up, actually. I enjoyed it and absolutely Vera is a star.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This rocketed up to being one of my favourite shows so quickly. One of the best examples I've seen of creepiness in a TV series. It's also made all the more powerful because the acting is absolutely top notch and I found myself really caring what happens to the majority of the characters. I've loved watching it so far.

Wish that the whole thing was available on netflix for convenience sake though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As someone with CF, the character pisses me off. There's no way she'd be hiking through the woods if she was on an air tank. She just wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Eh, I think the show does a really good job explaining Emma's motivations throughout, chief among them being that she's not going to let anything stop her from doing what she wants even if it kills her. I don't know how much of it you've watched cause that is in season 1, but her CF crops up in a lot of realistic ways throughout the whole of the show. Maybe that hike wouldn't have been possible but it wasn't a particularly large suspension of disbelief for me. season 3 Emma spoilersI thought it was much harder to believe that any hospital would move someone up a donors list for a mere $20,000. Like, that's some serious medical ethics being broken for not that much money

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    Eh, I think the show does a really good job explaining Emma's motivations throughout, chief among them being that she's not going to let anything stop her from doing what she wants even if it kills her. I don't know how much of it you've watched cause that is in season 1, but her CF crops up in a lot of realistic ways throughout the whole of the show. Maybe that hike wouldn't have been possible but it wasn't a particularly large suspension of disbelief for me. season 3 Emma spoilersI thought it was much harder to believe that any hospital would move someone up a donors list for a mere $20,000. Like, that's some serious medical ethics being broken for not that much money
    I'm just saying it's pretty much physically impossible. I'm not on oxygen and hiking through the woods is difficult. If your lungs are deteriorated enough with CF that you need oxygen, you just don't have the ability to go hiking through the woods. Especially running!

as for the spoiler (SPOILER)I actually find this more realistic because it probably happens all the time. Even though you're right, serious medical ethics there. But yeah, probably not for 20k.

I only watched a few episodes into the first season, so I can't say how she is past that. It just bugs me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Fair enough. It's definitely the most strenuous thing she ever does in the show with the least effect on her health (up to the point that I've watched it anyway), so maybe they got similar feedback to yours and corrected it accordingly.