Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

Hi, I'm new here. Glad to be here with fellow fans and friends. I enjoyed FFVI-X, but lost interest after that.
    I'm an active collector of Final Fantasy merchandise for the games I like so if there are any other collectors here I'd love to chat with you.
    I look forward to being a part of this group.

Mike(aka Nanaki1981)

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Hello.

This is a great place to meet new people with similar interests. I'm not much of a collector myself. I have a poster and a FFVII Holy Materia necklace, and that's about it, outside of games. Someone else here may be really into it, though.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hello Mike! Good to have you here. As far as collections go, we have a few bits and pieces like figures.

Pleasure to meet you both. My girlfriend and I are towards the end of VII now, only needing to defeat Emerald and Ruby Weapons. Want to level up a bit before taking that on. It's her first time playing, my 5th or so.

As for collecting I have figures from Bandai, Play Arts and Kotobukiya. Some Kotobukiya statues. Some figures from the creatures collections. Some cards. About 2,000 Coke promotional figures. My favorite piece is my Forgotten City cold cast from VII. I've had it more than 15 years now.

I'm completely addicted to collecting. I'm currently working on my display case for them. I'll post pics later!!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Welcome to eyesonff! I personally don't collect much but props to those who do! It can get tedious trying to find all the pieces you need!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Welcome to the forums, Mike. I'm pudgy aka fat_moogle aka Chris so feel free to call me whatever you like. I'm easy. I can't say that I have any Final Fantasy merchandise but I have played and completed FFIII, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XIII, XIII-2, XIV (only the Realm Reborn Scenario) and XV. I've recently started IV but I'm not that far in. My favourite games in the franchise are FFVII and IX. FFVII was the first FF game that I ever played and if it weren't for that then I doubt very much that I'd be here posting today. I was so close to completing VI and XII but I got stuck / lost with both near the end and never went back; maybe one day I'll try them again. Enjoy your stay here at EoFF!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Welcome to our wondrous forum, Mike!

I made my better half play through FFVII as well not to long ago. She finished it but wasn't keen on taking on Ruby and Emerald xD

Don't be afraid of posting around or even making your own threads. We're a friendly bunch here who all enjoy a good natter

Thanks for the welcome guys. My favorite games were also VII and IX. I was 15 years old when VII came out and remember staying awake all hours of the night to play and go to school sleep deprived. A lot has changed since then but my love for the game has not. Now I play for about 30 minutes at a clip and am rushing to a save point because I can hardly keep my eyes open.
    As for the weapons it's really the only tough challenge the game has. It does require leveling up for a while but I think it's worth it. I love the ending but Sephiroth is just so easy by the time I get there. I have to avoid casting Knights or Omni because it ends too quickly. I guess that's the price you pay when you master a game. The weapons are never easy however.
    So far my girlfriend has played VII, VIII and IX with me and her favorite is IX. I don't blame her it's a great game with a great storyline.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Pull my Devil Trigger!