Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you be excited for a Chrono 3?

If Toyble is the Character Designer and as writer Square hires specifically the guy from Dragon Ball Super's Zamasu saga working for Toei who managed to make a really interesting, complex, uncommon and yet incredibly cool time tree time loop combo for Goku Black by fleshing out Toriyama-san's draft.

That is still not understood by 99% because they ignore the time chart released by Toei and the anime's words.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-29-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But Dragonball has nothing to do with it?

Can't they just use Horii again? He's still employed at SE

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    But Dragonball has nothing to do with it?
    Yes, it has. It is written by a human being.
    Chrono needs a human to be written.
    Don't stop reading here.
    Chrono already has the Dragon Ball relationship.
    Toyble is Toriyama-san's successor. And Chrono is much much much more reminding of Dragon Ball with characters, names and design choices than quest.
    And those at Toei had to write a time story.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-29-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is DEFINITELY much more DQ than Dragonball. Plus, Horii has also worked on Trigger, and Toriyama wasn't even around for Cross. Hell, if there are two people that have worked on the entire series, it's Kato and Mitsuda, so they are probably the most important people to bring back. But I wouldn't mind getting Sakaguchi and Horii back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    It is DEFINITELY much more DQ than Dragonball.
    You have never in your entire life read vol. 1-42 to see what it was and looked like. Never have I ever mentioned Cross. Otherwise you would know that the design and idea reeks Dragon Ball from all sides. Marledia's outfit alone is almost 1:1 a copy of Bulma's in vol. 2. Magus' name in Japanese is "Maou" which is nothing but a title. "Demon King". As in "Pikkoro Daimaou", the Great Demon King Piccolo with his trademark move Dark Matter having the same pose as Makankosappo, the Special Beam Cannon. Lavos looks like Cell's first form. And that is just the cherry on top. Lucca/Bulma, the male character's (who happens to wear a Gi all the time) best female friend who is the successor of a genius scientist father, Taban/Dr. Brief, is the genius scientist girl that is involved in time manipulation. Time plays an essential role for not just random peoples', but especially the main character's safety (Gokuu VS Heart Virus, Chrono VS Lavos). Ayla looks like the Blonde Lunch.

It is more Dragon Ball than Dragon Quest. I have played Dragon Quest and know how the design-wise inspirations of Dragon Ball shines through way more. As I have said, characters, names and design choices. And that is true through and through. It has a few monsters that remind of Dragon Quest. Great. That's it. Even Dragon Ball is full of them if we look at things like Buyon and Yakon. And don't forget that I was the one who decided in which terms I meant it with Dragon Ball. And in those terms it totally and fully is so much more reminding of Dragon Ball. Especially design-wise and it is the same style. It has nothing to do with Katou-san being the one who fleshed out an already existing script, because I was not even implying that Toriyama-san was the writer - and that even though the script has its parallels. But truth be told such a similiar story can be written by a lot. And that is why I recommended some Toei people. They made good use of the new Dragon Ball script. I have not even made use of the argument about how incredibly beneficial Chrono Trigger's production was soley reflected by how much Sakaguchi-san admires Toriyama-san - and yes, he does. PAX 2015 was one of the moments when we could really get to know how much he appreciates him. So this is another point. But it was not really fitting for what I wanted to say. So take that as you will.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-29-2017 at 09:50 PM.