Thread: An awesome idea

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default An awesome idea

So as I've mentioned I've been learning programming skills and I'm going to be starting a bootcamp to learn iOS for game development. I keep thinking about how excited I am to be able to actually make my own games, but there are really big pieces that I'm missing. I am not an Artist, Writer or Musician.

But there are a lot of people here who are one or more of the above, and I think it would be a lot of fun to work with people from here and make something awesome.

Here is a list of things that will be needed. This is not all inclusive, but they are the key parts that I know I can't do.

Artist
    Musician/Composer
    Writer
    Programmers (Android and Web Developer)

I'm going to reach out to a couple of people I know who may be interested in joining in as well, so if you know someone who may want to join feel free to send them here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I'm a writer both by hobby and by profession and would love to get into games. I'm also getting more into composing and would love to score a game, though I still lack reliable software that could make it sound better than the standard midi I have. I also draw characters a bit, but while I wouldn't be opposed to designing characters, the actual implementation of the art, plus general concept art, should probably be done by someone with more experience, so I don't think I can actually say I'd be able to make much of a difference in that regard

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    So as I've mentioned I've been learning programming skills and I'm going to be starting a bootcamp to learn iOS for game development. I keep thinking about how excited I am to be able to actually make my own games, but there are really big pieces that I'm missing. I am not an Artist, Writer or Musician.

But there are a lot of people here who are one or more of the above, and I think it would be a lot of fun to work with people from here and make something awesome.

Here is a list of things that will be needed. This is not all inclusive, but they are the key parts that I know I can't do.

Artist
    Musician/Composer
    Writer
    Programmers (Android and Web Developer)

I'm going to reach out to a couple of people I know who may be interested in joining in as well, so if you know someone who may want to join feel free to send them here.
    Are there any ideas you have for what game you'd want to make?

I'd be interested in writing for it. Depends on what the project(s) would be about though. :P

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Count me as interested in the writing too!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

depending on the project i can help music

bandcamp is in my signature

this is my soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/krzyzis

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    So I'm a writer both by hobby and by profession and would love to get into games. I'm also getting more into composing and would love to score a game, though I still lack reliable software that could make it sound better than the standard midi I have. I also draw characters a bit, but while I wouldn't be opposed to designing characters, the actual implementation of the art, plus general concept art, should probably be done by someone with more experience, so I don't think I can actually say I'd be able to make much of a difference in that regard
    That's ok with me. Are you willing to try using a digital medium? I love the writing samples you showed me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post

Are there any ideas you have for what game you'd want to make?

I'd be interested in writing for it. Depends on what the project(s) would be about though. :P
    It would be a collaboration so whatever comes will come. I'm really eager to just make something so it's open from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Count me as interested in the writing too!
    Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    depending on the project i can help music

bandcamp is in my signature

this is my soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/krzyzis
    holy trout that's amazing and beautiful.

One more thing is to keep everyone organized while doing this I think it's best to use both Slack and Trello. Slack is a group message service that you can integrate a ton of features. Trello is a taskboard where you can organize what needs to be done, and it integrates into slack very nicely. I use both and they are very user friendly.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Updates?