Thread: Supporting characters and the Remake

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: Supporting characters and the Remake

So Kitase and Nomura have mentioned that they hope to give a bit more screen time and story to some of the side characters like Jessie, Biggs and Wedge. So what other supporting characters do you hope to see more of?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Don Corneo.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see a little more Johnny. He has a good mix of comic relief and sentimental scenes with Tifa. I like that they put him in Denzel's side story anime.

I'd also like to see a homage or cameo of Dirge of Cerberus characters as a way of acknowledging the extended universe in the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Don Corneo.
    Come on, bubby. Let's get right to it:

NPC-ffvii-mukki1.png

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Ifalna. Maybe we can see more than just "please take care of Aeris". Flashback to the past? Seeing Aeris as a kid with Ifalna and understanding the struggles they went through evading Shin-Ra, and the bond that they shared as not only Mother and Daughter but the last of the Cetra.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Beautiful Bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ester's double-life as the mistress of a hidden sex dungeon at the Golden Saucer.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

The guy who 'are sick'
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The Turks, mostly Rude and Reno.

Sephiroth actually. Mainly because we don't learn much about his backstory - yeah we know how he was created, but what about all his feats that lead to him becoming the very best SOLDIER that no one ever was? I'd like to see more of that. Plus they could build up his development a bit more, his face-heel turn goes by so fast you'd miss it if you blinked.

Zack - I know, I know, Crisis Core was a thing. Not only do I wish to forget that piece of crap ever happened, it didn't do much to expand on his character than the original FF7 did in the first place. We never learn about his life before SOLDIER or why he wanted to join it in the first place besides wanting to be a hero, and that's literally it. Surely even Square can properly flesh him out some more, and some character development wouldn't hurt.

I would also like to see the Turks and Hojo expanded on too, though it's not really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    The Turks, mostly Rude and Reno.
    Absolutely agree on this one.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

I say the Turks and Shinra staff. This opportunity should be used to make frequent side characters more prominent rather than building up one-offs.

Other reoccurring characters like Johnny and Mukki would be nice as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

As far as characters exclusive to FFVII, I'mma go with every character previously mentioned and throw in Priscilla. Because I need to know more about this dolphin whisperer. It'd also be nice to see a bit more of Barret's old life. It would make the Dyne fight a bit more impactful if I saw him as a loving husband and father, not to mention I want to see Barret's wife (apparently her name was Myrna, I totally forgot).

As for Compilation characters I'll throw in Cissnei and Kunsel. They were the better characters to come out of Crisis Core. Actually, if they kept references to Lezard and Angeal without any mention of Project G or clones, I'd be happy with that too. I like Angeal as Zack's mentor and not as a diet Sephiroth, and the idea that President Shinra had an illegitimate son is fascinating to me. They were characters with potential botched by JENOVA cells.
    Returners Represent!

Dyne. I love his and Barret's backstory.

Speaking of which, maybe we could see more from Barret's wife.