Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Warcraft

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Okay so ignore these nerds.

It honestly doesn't matter what server you're on when it comes to playing with friends as you can join each other cross servers for anything. Only problem is factions. You can't be on Alliance and play with Horde. Don't let that deter you either, pick the race you want. If you want to be a panda person, be a panda person. You want to be a Gnome, be a gnome! If you think Cow people are cool, well think you're cool too!

Sargeras is the largest and most popular server for raiding. It's where you get most of your Pro raiding teams. BF is on that one, I'm on a smaller one called Vek'nilash. If you're interested in the economy funtimes then a larger pop server will be better for you.

As for your role, pick one you think you'll enjoy, don't worry about the meta of it. Pretty much every expac, that changes anyway. Unless you're wanting to raid in a hardcore guild, it doesn't matter what class and spec you pick, just have fun.

Cool thing I think you'll end up doing if you stick with it is WoW tokens. They now have it where you can buy wow tokens and that'll pay for your subscription. So you wont have to actually pay for the game, just take the time to get t he money for tokens.

I don't play as much as I used to. I still log on occasionally but I don't raid or anything. I'm more of a lore junkie than anything and it is chock full of it. You'll have a lot to play through for a while as you level which is great. If you do decide to make a character, hit me up and i'll do the recruit a friend thing and run around with you

You can't be on alliance and party with horde friends, but you can have both horde and alliance tons on the same account. In ye olden days this wasn't the case, but now your faction decision for your first character doesn't impact the future of your account as a whole.

I recommend playing a gnome because they're smaller than any other race. They technically move at the same speed as everyone else, but the size difference creates a kind of perspective illusion that makes them seem proportionally faster than everyone else.
    I mained a gnome for the longest time, and when I tried rolling up an elf druid alt I felt hella slow until I got my cat form.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You guys did see that--albeit, it was very casual--I DID play this game before, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    You guys did see that--albeit, it was very casual--I DID play this game before, right?
    I completely overlooked that. My gnome recommendation still stands

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'd probably go Nelf. I love everything about their areas and aesthetics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I haven't played since near the end of Pandaland. Can gnomes be druids and/or hunters yet? There are a few cute pets that I've previously pointed out could be recycled for gnome versions of all of the druid forms, including the fire cat. And it seems weird that they could never be hunters, since they're the race on alliance side that specializes in the profession that makes guns.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Gnomes can be hunters but no, not druids. That'd be silly

Quote Originally Posted by Værn View Post
    I haven't played since near the end of Pandaland. Can gnomes be druids and/or hunters yet? There are a few cute pets that I've previously pointed out could be recycled for gnome versions of all of the druid forms, including the fire cat. And it seems weird that they could never be hunters, since they're the race on alliance side that specializes in the profession that makes guns.
    No druids, but I believe Gnome Hunters were added with Legion. And they have access to unique mechanical pets.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Groovy.
    My guild leader also used to make cracks about how my first character should've been a paladin, but he ended up being a warrior instead because he wasn't tall enough to reach the Light