Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Gaming Deaths

  1. #16
    Skyblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Earth, approximately
    Posts
    10,336

    Default

    Breath of the WildGuardians. Whether it's when you kill your first Guardian, and you get this sense of elation and satisfaction, tinged with terror at knowing just how many more are out there. When you roll into Hyrule Castle, bristling with weapons and mowing down dozens. Or when you restart the game and wipe them all out from the beginning armed with just your trusty Pot Lid. Killing Guardians gives so many feels. Different feels, but all satisfying.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

    He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

  2. #17
    Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    My happy place.
    Posts
    5,523

    Default

    That time King K. Rool killed all of Donkey Kong's bananas.

  3. #18
    The Alpha and the Omega WarZidane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    292

    FFXIV Character

    Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Some excellent ones already mentioned in the thread. Some that haven't been mentioned:

    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 DaysYou probably saw the title and went "really, one of the worst KH games?", but Xion's death was pretty damn sad. She sacrifices herself, letting herself be killed by the closest friend she has (arguably potential romantic interest), after which all memory of her is erased.

    Final Fantasy XIV HeavenswardAn impressive feat for an MMORPG to be on a list like this if you ask me. The victim in this case: Haurchefant, who was there for you and your two remaining friends at your lowest point. Dies blocking an attack aimed at you.

    The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2Crow. In the first game, he becomes part of your class and your friend. At the end, it's revealed he's a rebel who wants to kill the chancellor (who quite frankly deserves it) and betrays you, killing aforementioned chancellor. He remains your friend though, and although he's on the opposing side in the second game, he continues to go easy on you and giving you hints to grow stronger. In the end you team up with him to stop an apocalyptic robot, but he dies doing so. Bonus points: right after that, the chancellor appears, revealing he's actually still alive. At this point even the protagonist goes "Why'd HE have to die and you're still alive?"

    Maybe I'll think of more at some point later

  4. #19
    Slothstronaut Slothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I'm in space
    Posts
    13,194
    Blog Entries
    27
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Every colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. Except the 14th. smurf that guy.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 DaysYou probably saw the title and went "really, one of the worst KH games?", but Xion's death was pretty damn sad. She sacrifices herself, letting herself be killed by the closest friend she has (arguably potential romantic interest), after which all memory of her is erased.
    Worst KH to play for sure, but one of the best stories. The HD collection had the right idea: A version of Days you don't have to play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    Every colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. Except the 14th. smurf that guy.
    I never could clear the time attack for that one. Years later I realized I'd probably have to do some speed runner stunts to pull it off.


  6. #21
    Edge7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    829
    Articles
    1
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Breath of the WildGuardians. Whether it's when you kill your first Guardian, and you get this sense of elation and satisfaction, tinged with terror at knowing just how many more are out there. When you roll into Hyrule Castle, bristling with weapons and mowing down dozens. Or when you restart the game and wipe them all out from the beginning armed with just your trusty Pot Lid. Killing Guardians gives so many feels. Different feels, but all satisfying.
    ^THAT'S A GOOD ONE TOO
    Returners Represent!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •