Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gaming Deaths

Breath of the WildGuardians. Whether it's when you kill your first Guardian, and you get this sense of elation and satisfaction, tinged with terror at knowing just how many more are out there. When you roll into Hyrule Castle, bristling with weapons and mowing down dozens. Or when you restart the game and wipe them all out from the beginning armed with just your trusty Pot Lid. Killing Guardians gives so many feels. Different feels, but all satisfying.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

That time King K. Rool killed all of Donkey Kong's bananas.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Some excellent ones already mentioned in the thread. Some that haven't been mentioned:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 DaysYou probably saw the title and went "really, one of the worst KH games?", but Xion's death was pretty damn sad. She sacrifices herself, letting herself be killed by the closest friend she has (arguably potential romantic interest), after which all memory of her is erased.

Final Fantasy XIV HeavenswardAn impressive feat for an MMORPG to be on a list like this if you ask me. The victim in this case: Haurchefant, who was there for you and your two remaining friends at your lowest point. Dies blocking an attack aimed at you.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2Crow. In the first game, he becomes part of your class and your friend. At the end, it's revealed he's a rebel who wants to kill the chancellor (who quite frankly deserves it) and betrays you, killing aforementioned chancellor. He remains your friend though, and although he's on the opposing side in the second game, he continues to go easy on you and giving you hints to grow stronger. In the end you team up with him to stop an apocalyptic robot, but he dies doing so. Bonus points: right after that, the chancellor appears, revealing he's actually still alive. At this point even the protagonist goes "Why'd HE have to die and you're still alive?"

Maybe I'll think of more at some point later

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. Except the 14th. smurf that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 DaysYou probably saw the title and went "really, one of the worst KH games?", but Xion's death was pretty damn sad. She sacrifices herself, letting herself be killed by the closest friend she has (arguably potential romantic interest), after which all memory of her is erased.
    Worst KH to play for sure, but one of the best stories. The HD collection had the right idea: A version of Days you don't have to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    Every colossus in Shadow of the Colossus. Except the 14th. smurf that guy.
    I never could clear the time attack for that one. Years later I realized I'd probably have to do some speed runner stunts to pull it off.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Breath of the WildGuardians. Whether it's when you kill your first Guardian, and you get this sense of elation and satisfaction, tinged with terror at knowing just how many more are out there. When you roll into Hyrule Castle, bristling with weapons and mowing down dozens. Or when you restart the game and wipe them all out from the beginning armed with just your trusty Pot Lid. Killing Guardians gives so many feels. Different feels, but all satisfying.
    ^THAT'S A GOOD ONE TOO
    Returners Represent!