So I am replaying FFXII but because my brain is broken, replaying it is making me want to play other stuff.

Back when I first played it and saw lots of love for the story and writing on here and othe rboards, I echoed those sentiments to people on a different board. I was told FFXII is just "typical Matsuno." What might seem pretty thought-provoking to me is apparently nothing really groundbreaking if you are at all familiar with his work. The politics and stuff is done better in other games, I am told.

See, I got this PSTV for Persona 4 Golden and I need something to do with it. I see that Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is on there, along with I guess a remake of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. (that thing is 10GB. I'm gonna need a memory card, or to find the memory card that I had.)

I'm thinking I should play these, but I've never in my life played a tactical RPG. I've always been kind of nervous about it because I see people talk about the battle system and it's all Greek to me. RNG manipulation and judges and insane conditions for victory or something.

Whatever happens I won't be playing them until I get paid in August but figured I'd ask you all for some tips.