Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Taste of Power

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Sorta the opposite is what sticks in my mind. Learning I'll finally get to play as the bosses in the new Street Fighter II as a kid.

"Ohhhh, sh!!!!!!tttttt!"

Getting to play them, and learning they're all right but the real reason the computer is so good with them is because the computer got to spam back to back charge moves, and ignore frame data (or something like that).

"Well, sh!!!!t."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Does Minwu count?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes.

Also, after talking about it in the other thread, Fou Lu from Breath of Fire IV is a pretty great Taste of Power as well.

It doesn't show off the largest taste of power, but as far as how well the trope has been done, is probably Dunban in Xenoblade Chronicles. It's more story oriented than how most of the time it's more shoe-horned in just to entice players. Symphony of the Night could have easily started with Alucard unarmed, or with trash equipment and start grabbing better stuff at the entrance and the game wouldn't have changed at all. It was just a ploy for enticement. But I can't really fault it. It was barely even a trope back then

Opening section of The Force Unleashed, playing as Vader. Force choking wookies left, right and centre and tossing them around like ragdolls. Good times.

Half-Life Two: Episode One, having the souped-up gravity gun whilst you're in the Citadel in the opening section. Disintegrating your enemies with bolts of blue energy, woop woop!

He doesn't come until a lot later in the game than maybe this question means but I always was shocked at just how powerful Orlandu AKA TG Cid was when you recruit him in FF Tactics.

Take care all.