Thread: EoFF Book Club!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default EoFF Book Club!

Now when you think of 'Final Fantasy' and literature, you might be forgiven for thinking there hasn't been any books set in Final Fantasy worlds.

You would be horribly, horribly mistaken.

Final Fantasy's been making novelisations out of their games for awhile now. There's been comics, mangas, that have been pretty successful. But there's also been other media that Square Enix would probably you rather forget.

'Epic novelisation' indeed. And who can forget the FFX novella, or worse, the audio drama?

Thankfully though, there's a whole host of other books out there. And with that, I want to start an EoFF Book Group, right here!

The Book Group

I love reading books, but more than that I love talking about books, and literature, and characters and the stories we fill out heads with. I work in libraries, so maybe I'm a little biased, but books are fantastic, and talking about books with friends is even better.

I haven't worked out every fine detail yet. But this what I've got so far:

• The book group will discuss the current book at the end of each month, on the discussion thread for that month's book.
    • The book choice will rotate between members every month for fairness. The 'host' can choose any book they like, but it has to be accessible for everyone to grab a copy from their local library; no-one should have to spend money.
    • I also like the idea of having a 'theme' month depending on the time of year. Themes I'm thinking of including LGBT fiction for Pride Month, horror for Halloween, maybe a romance for Valentine's, etc.
    • Books can vary wildly, so you may find yourself reading something out of your comfort zone. Do try and give each book a chance, and I encourage everyone to try out new authors or genres they wouldn't normally!
    • Finishing a book is obviously recommended, but if you really just can't get on with a book, it's fine not to finish it. In fact, it might even make for lively discussion.
    • Participation is optional. If you find you just can't do a month because of personal reasons or workload, that's fine! On the flipside, it's very easy to just join up with us next month!

More concrete details can be worked out once I know who's eager for this, and we can hammer out a nice-looking plan together. This is the first time I've ever wanted to join a book group, so I'm incredibly excited! I hope people are interested!

List of utter nerds:

- Formalhaut
    - Freya
    - Shauna
    - WarZidane
    - Jinx
    - Mr. Carnelian
    - Bubba
    - Karifean
    - Bri

Last edited by Formalhaut; 07-20-2017 at 09:39 PM.