Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite ending scene

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Default Your Favourite ending scene

Yep. Can be from any game ofcourse and for any reason.

for me surprisingly its FFVIII. I like the music mostly apart from one part but never have been a singy song fan so yeah. But yeah just feels satisfying and seeing all the characters have ends. And also the wee recording bit in the garden is pretty funny too. And the part where squall sees rinoa do that one action a million times is soo weird but I like it because its weird.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy X for sure.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably FFTactics, I love the contrast between Ramza and Delita's endings, and I really feel it adds a nice closure to the themes of the game.

VIII for me. Like Galuf said, it's just so satisfying seeing all the characters at the end happy. I'm pretty picky about my endings, but that one gave me a lot of satisfaction and closure. I was able to think "I'm done! That was a good ending!" not "Wait, what? That was the end?!"

Edited due to posting half-blind on pain medication and not realizing this was specifically about FF endings~

As divisive as it is, I can't think of any one I love more than XV's ending. It's so climactic, so bittersweet, and so well-done at capturing what I loved most about the game: the undying brotherly love. IX and X come pretty close, though.
    Last edited by KleinerKiller; 07-21-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by KleinerKiller View Post
    To the Moon.

Everyone standing on the bridge watching the rocket blast off (SPOILER)and Johnny getting to share one last moment with River. Brings me to tears every time, no matter how many times I see it.
    What FF is this? Lol. Just wondering

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've always enjoyed how "complete" Final Fantasy IV's ending felt. Like every character had a nice resolution, and you know where their lives are heading now that the world is safe again. I need to finish FFIX, but what little I do know of the ending sounds like it'd mess me up.

Not the endings themselves, but I really enjoyed the music that plays during the endings of VI and VII. They both give me chills every time.
    Returners Represent!

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    To the Moon.

Everyone standing on the bridge watching the rocket blast off (SPOILER)and Johnny getting to share one last moment with River. Brings me to tears every time, no matter how many times I see it.
    Ha, I saw "any game" in the first post and didn't see that this was in the General Final Fantasy category

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    To the Moon.

Ha, I saw "any game" in the first post and didn't see that this was in the General Final Fantasy category
    oh haha. Thats cool I dont mind. I dont know if my answer would change if it was for all games tbh

I also have to say Final Fantasy VIII. The music is fantastic, the surrealism of Squall lost was great, and I loved the happy ending during the credits. Did I mention the music?

FFVIII !

FFXV's. It's so tragic and beautiful at the same time. It's closely followed by FFX's and FFVI's.

FFVI and FFX have pretty awesome endings. Also I wouldn't say it's among my favourite ones, but I liked FFXIII-2 ending as well (that's right, I said it!).
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

Few video games have left me with the same feeling as beating IX for the first time. It's been over 14 years now but I still remember first beating it and just sitting back and feeling a peculiar mix of "this is amazing" and "I don't want it to be over!!!"

As a huge Kuja fan, I loved that we got that final scene between him and Zidane. Then we get the epilogue (I didn't realize Vivi was dead) set to one of the best pieces of music in the game, seeing how all our old friends are doing now. Then at the end Zidane makes his big entrance and now he can FINALLY be with Garnet as they both openly admit how they feel about each other. Everyone is cheering and Beatrix and Steiner are together and then Melodies of Life starts playing after Zidane and Dagger exchange their final words about "their song."

Literally something occurs to me that has never entered my head before. Xenogears is another favorite of mine and you know what that game has? A love story with a in-universe theme. You hear Faraway Promise on that music box at the start of the game and Dagger's song is something she sings as early as Dali. It's a great story device, IMO.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Okay, so after beating FFVII again, I have to say that I still get chills when the (SPOILER)lifestream starts to pour out of the planet. (Is that really a spoiler at this point, it's the basis for half of Advent Children's plot)? Doesn't beat out my previous pick, but it's an honorable mention.
    Returners Represent!