Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tekken 7 Help Me Decide

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Default Tekken 7 Help Me Decide

So I've almost always been a King main in Tekken. For the first two games, I mained Nina and Paul, but starting with Tekken 3, King was the guy for me. After that it was Julia Chang. I still played around with the other characters, though.

Anyway, Julia/Michelle/Wang are all gone. I have some fun with Josie Rizal, but I don't know how good I could ever be with her.

So I'm wondering who I could sink some time into. Here's the one's I'm thinking of.

Ba-Nina

Bear

Oscar

or maaaaybe Lol?

So, outside of just yelling out a preference, I'm wonder what other Tekkeners have to say about the subject. Who should I bother with?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Kuma

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Asuka because I made pretty outfits for her

And I am legit tempted to edit your post with the correct names >:(

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Kuma
    Look, Pauw, I understand that Karate Beer is very exciting. I also know you're an excitable fellow.

But I specifically asked for more than just yelling out preferences here. This is srs bznizz. I plan to go to EVO next year and win ALL the money. Those Koreans are about to get blind-sided, and I'm going to be rolling in that phat Mad Catz sponsorship cash.

So unless you can give me objective reasoning based off of gameplay knowledge, you need to GTFO my thread.

EDIT: I mean look how serious this character is. He demands more thought than you gave him.

He's a soldier Pauw. Have some class when you talk about him, for God's sake!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

You like hard hitting characters, so how about Jockstrap Jack?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles

oh right sorry guess i'll take my TWENTY YEARS OF PLAYING TEKKEN somewhere else

soldier outfits schmoutfits. in my day you got kuma's alternate as a polar bear (back when she was a girl yeah that was a thing) and you were bloody happy about it

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Sorry PB. Jack has just never done it for me. He looks like he's pretty good in the right hands, but eh.

Was Kuma a girl at some point? I've played them all too, but I never noticed that part. I did try him out some last night since that was the first vote, and he's all right. I was having fun. I don't know how useable his move-set is, but it's fun.

Articles

Tekken 1 and Tekken 2 Kuma is the mother of all of the Kumas since.

Well that's pretty interesting. I knew there was a Kuma I and Kuma II, but all the info I've ever seen just said Kuma I was the father of Kuma II.

Maybe they ret-conned it at some point, and I can't find it. Ladies never get any love.

EDIT: Nina has the most extensive grapple set after King. Maybe that part could be fun. You don't see too many Nina users bother with her grapples.

EDIT EDIT: Pumpkin keeps yelling at me for calling Bear Bear, but that's his name! There's nothing wrong with translating it! Opinions?
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 07-21-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

I assumed that Bear was always a boi and Pan-Pan was the gurl. Fair enough about Jockstrap, seems like you've already made your mind up about Ba-Nina + you're good with Kang's grapples so maybe you can use that to your advantage for her.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Well, I've made up my mind about Jerk-7, but not the rest.

That's why I'm bouncing around ideas. Heavy hitters like Kuma can be fun, but I have a lot of fun with Josie and she definitely doesn't hit too hard.

I guess I'm looking for a character that is fun to pick up and play, but also have a deeper move-set that I can learn as I get better with them. Like mah boi, Kang.

Karate Beer is pretty fun, and puts a smile on my face, and he has some stances. So he might be the ticket.

NIINNOOO has a huge movelist, and different grapple strings, so maybe her? Her juggles look equal parts good damage/difficult to do.

Not-Jun is a fun character, with a decent sized movelist, and she's not overpowered. Plus she has a generic counter stance that might be fun.

Marshmellow is just a fun Kung-Fu film dude, and it might be fun to try a rush-down style character since I'm used to playing King. (Not that they're similar, but different.)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Well if you're choosing someone else, I am too. I'm burning out on Yoshi and I need some new blood. I'd quite like to learn Jin.

I'd like to play Tag 2 with you and Pumpkin sometime.
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 07-21-2017 at 10:35 PM.

East or West

Lili is the best

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Sorry PB. Jack has just never done it for me. He looks like he's pretty good in the right hands, but eh.

Was Kuma a girl at some point? I've played them all too, but I never noticed that part. I did try him out some last night since that was the first vote, and he's all right. I was having fun. I don't know how useable his move-set is, but it's fun.
    Jack is a beast in the right hands. His DF2 is probably the best launch punisher in the game with Asuka's F2 and they are extremely easy to use. Probably only bettered by Kaz's electric wind god fist.

Who do you find the most fun? I think you should give Yoshimitsu a try. He's always been very fun for me to play!

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Magic View Post
    East or West

Lili is the best
    Pumpking plays Lili. She's not my cup of tea. *ba da cha*

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post

Jack is a beast in the right hands. His DF2 is probably the best launch punisher in the game with Asuka's F2 and they are extremely easy to use. Probably only bettered by Kaz's electric wind god fist.

Who do you find the most fun? I think you should give Yoshimitsu a try. He's always been very fun for me to play!
    Yoshi is pretty fun, and maybe he has some new moves to make him even better, but he's never "done it" for me either. For whatever reason, I liked Kunimitsu more. He does look pretty good this time around.

I've been spending some time with Karate Beer, and he's pretty fun! I was playing him against PB the other day, and I definitely didn't win the majority of the matches, but they were closer than I expected. I think he'll wind up being another Juicy Resolve though.

I think I'm just going to have to spend some time with each person I've thought about and see what I think. Ba-Nina is probably next.