Thread: RIP Chester Bennington (Linkin Park singer)

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Default RIP Chester Bennington (Linkin Park singer)

Very sad news, especially coming so soon after Chris Cornell's suicide

http://pitchfork.com/news/linkin-par...-at-41-report/
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Poor bloke, I hope he has found some peace.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Man, I started listening to Linkin Park about the same time I joined this forum. It's unreal to think that he's gone...
    Returners Represent!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He was only young as well. Very sad news :-(

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's actually Chris Cornell's birthday today and I read the two were very close, with Chester even singing at his funeral...

Just sharing what I had on facey...

So so sad. This one hits in the feels, and I'm not surprised that so many people around the same age as myself feel the same way. LP was such a gateway band for alternative and 'rebellious' music in our teens. Their older music still stands strong - I can't comment on their newer work but this is truly the loss of a phenomenal singer and someone who inspired us, and got so many of us through confusing times.

Feel so sad about this. Such a talented yet troubled man.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Feel so sad about this. Such a talented yet troubled man.
    Yeah, I know a lot of people make fun of Linkin Park nowadays but he was a fantastic vocalist. I remember an old interview with Kerry King (of Slayer) noting how great he was. (and that he should be in a "real" metal band)

Sucks to hear about this. The life of a musician doesn't seem worth it, not even for all the millions if you make it big.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

I am not a Linkin Park fan, but I am a fan of allowing young people and men to express their emotions and deviate from the mainstream, so this news is still sad to m. Yesterday was Chris Cornell's birthday; today is Robin Williams' birthday. It is unfortunate that celebrity or wealth doesn't shield people from depression, suicidal ideation, addiction, misdiagnosis, mistreatment, undue pressure, or stigma. It is further unfortunate that the media seeks to publish as much detail about these suicides as they can, that this will make people further correlate specific genres of art with mental illness (or fetishize mental illness as the price of being creative), or that despite all of the tweets and likes and blog posts these deaths generate, they don't really translate into compassion, support, or understanding towards the neuro-diverse and mentally ill on an individual level. It's very easy to wear a ribbon or repost a suicide helpline, but not so much to push through taking people for granted or telling them to buck up a bit and instead actually listen and provide them with options in a non-judgemental way.