Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Love the game, hate the soundtrack...

Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

I mean, I totally see it. It took a while for the DQ OSTs to grow on me since they're pretty traditionalist and neo-classical, almost to a fault. I learned to respect them later on because the composer is actually actively contributing to Japan's artistic music scene, so it's awesome a high profile composer decided to make video game music and I've really found stuff that I like about his music, despite its general approach no being my cup of tea.

Too bad the dude is an actual human trash can though

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll agree on Dragon Quest. They're pleasant enough but there's a serious lack of tracks for games that can easily take 100 hours of game time. Not to mention most of them are recycled so they as a whole are designed to apply to as many situations as possible, increasinghow dull they are.

VI has interesting use of horns and brass so it's prob the best, III's is probably the most generic of the series.

Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

I agree with VI being best since there is a very prevalent leitmotif present in pretty much all the tracks that really adds character to the whole thing, but I think IX and X are actually the weakest. I feel Sugiyama is maybe running out of steam after VIII.

Pretty much every Naughty Dog game. I didn't care much for Skies of Arcadia's soundtrack, though that game isn't exactly one of my favourites. I find TWEWY's soundtrack overrated, maybe I just have a low tolerance for unintelligible Engrishy Jpop.