Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nostalgia Gaming

Listening to the Donkey Kong Country OSTs always makes me nostalgic.

They were the first games I ever played, so they pretty much paved the way for what my main hobby in life would be. The games definitely have a special place in my heart.

Can't wait to speedrun them some day.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Another thing that brought me way back was the sound the original playstation logo made when it booted up on screen. Often meant a long night was ahead.

Take care all.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I grew up with the PlayStationOne, so any time I feel nostalgic, I just download the game. There is one Power Rangers, for the Sega Genesis, I think, that I'm especially fond of. Double Dragon too. Can't really play those on the phone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The PS1 bootup takes me back to watching my older cousins play Crash Bandicoot and Tomba back when I could barely hold any controller that had more than 2 buttons.

As for games I did play, I get chills whenever I hear the Ocarina of Time title screen. Something so comforting, about it, like going on a trip before the sun rises. I don't even really enjoy playing the game anymore (it holds up well enough, it's just very stale compared to what comes after), I just boot it up as audiovisual comfort food. Also, similar shoutout for having my second favorite Staff Roll Themes in a Video Game (First is Vagrant Story, third is FFVII).

Seriously though, from 2nd to 5th grade, Ocarina of Time ruled my life. I poured over the Prima guide, reading about all the different locations and races, making my own lore theories about the Triforce. The game did a lot for my imagination.
    Returners Represent!

Even though I grew up with the NES first. The Super NES is definitely where the nostalgia really hits hard. So many great games that still hold up.