Thread: Something needs to be done

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

*yawn* Something needs to be done

I was looking back at some old posts just now, feeling like they were quite fresh in mind. Maybe they were posted a few months ago? Yeah, maybe I dropped by around easter to post a litt-NO SIR! THEY WERE POSTED IN 2015! What's up with that? and why is time passing faster than I'm able to deal with it?

This applies to real life for me as well, some close friends of mine I haven't spoken to in a year, or more. Still it feels like last month. I hope time passes just as quick for them, otherwise they might think I'm a contact-severing jerk, running around snipping bonds of friendship with my rusty friendship-wrecking scissors. We're halfway into 2017 and I still haven't accepted the transitioning from 2016. That year isn't DONE YET!

How are you dealing with the passing of time? Are you a hopeless time wreck like me, or are you all caught up?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well I have a masters degree in Mathematics, I'm a professor of Mathematics at Lehman College, and I might have a job at google. Also I'm building an iPhone game that's really exciting because it showcases how I can do so much with only 1 month of coding experience in Swift.

Time does seem to fly by now. In 2015 I wasn't even started with graduate school and now it's like I live in a different world!

It doesn't feel like it was that long ago that I was leaving high school. Now I'm nearing 33. But at the same time it feels like forever ago. The ludicrous flow of time still bothers me, but I know I can't fight it so at this point I'm just along for the ride. Hoping for as few bumps as possible.

Also, A- for the LOST reference. Would have been an A+ were it not for the wrong scene being used for the quote.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When you reach your thirties it's literally...

"Show lots of things, happening at once
    to show it all would take to lonnnng
    That's called a montaaaaage!"

The passage of time and depths of the ocean are my two greatest enemies and fears.

I must confess at 31 nothing turned out as I expected. It wasn't all bad, wasn't all good. That's life, I suppose. I think throughout my 20's I always waited to cross a magical line where I became an adult. Then I realized there is no line, nobody knows what's going down, and we're all just doing our best.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 07-29-2017 at 09:33 AM.

When you're eight, a year is one-eighth of your life. It's a huge portion. When you're thirty, it's a much smaller part of your total experience. Your reference expands, and the time seems smaller in comparison. If you lived to a million years, a year would zip by like a second to your expanded perspective.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm 23 and still one of the insufferable kids on this damned website

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

This month I will have been at this damn site for 15 years, aka half my life. I have no words.

Maybe it's just because I'm young (hey, I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22, because I am), but this is one of those things I've never really understood. I mean, sometimes it feels like some point in the past wasn't quite as long ago as it was, but I've never thought something as extreme as, say, "oh yeah, 2010 was only yesterday". A year has always felt like a long time to me, and it doesn't really feel like my experience of the length of a year has gotten much longer or shorter over time, at least not as far as I can remember.

The great thing is that if the old posts DIDN'T feel fresh in your mind...you'd still feel old 'cause "oh my gosh, it feels like ages ago".

There's no winning there.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel like this all depends on when you're thinking about things. Like, now it's summer so any Christmas feels far away, but my summer trip to Barcelona feels like it could have happened yesterday, while it was in fact three years ago.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I only notice time passing when I get a haircut, by the increasing number of grays I see fall to the floor.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I've been off an on here for a long time, generally lurking but I was still in school in 2015 and now I'm applying to 8 billion jobs and am engaged.

I never though of it that way. Been 12 years since I joined and I'm 31, so over a third of my life. (even if I mostly just lurked)

Time flies like crazy, so makes me wonder what the next 12+ years will bring...
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    This month I will have been at this damn site for 15 years, aka half my life. I have no words.
    noob

but yeah holy moly it's already august, when did that happen