View Poll Results: What game would be interested in seeing SE Remake after VII?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Final Fantasy V

3 11.11%
  • Final Fantasy VI

10 37.04%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

4 14.81%
  • Final Fantasy IX

5 18.52%
  • Final Fantasy Tactics

1 3.70%
  • Crisis Core

0 0%
  • Mystic Quest!

2 7.41%
  • Other (Please mention in the thread which one)

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After FFVII, which FF game when you like to see a remake of?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo After FFVII, which FF game when you like to see a remake of?

Once the VII Remake comes out, and if Squenix is still feeling excited about doing such projects, which FF game do you feel they should do next?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Tricky choice between V and VI, but I think it would suit VI's style a lot better.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Mystic Quest is already very tongue in cheek. Everyone's more sarcastic now and it could come back as a full parody of not just FF and JRPGs but games in general.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I feel like I've said this before, but I'd love to see a bonafide remake of FFVI; it could be done realistically like the FFVII remake, but I'd actually rather see it done in a pseudo-retro way like Square's upcoming Octopath Traveler. I feel like that's a controversial opinion, but a huge appeal of FFVI for me was its sprite work, and I loved old PS1 RPGs that had 2D sprites explore 3D environments (also SaGa Frontier's cool rotating camera during battles). Remaking it as something that could only be done with todays technology but still feeling decidedly retro is definitely one of my favorite graphical trends. It'd also be awesome if they added ideas from other Final Fantasy games like swapping party members on the fly.

As a runner-up, I thought about voting for Final Fantasy V, but I think it's in a comfortable spot as a hardcore, old-school RPG for hardcore old-school RPG fans.
    Returners Represent!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Death to anyone who says IX. That game is perfect.

For me: VI. Because I have no interest in playing a sprite game, but it's supposedly one of the best games in the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Other: Final Fantasy II

For no other reason than to fix the level-up system because damn.

By the time FFVII gets around to being released, I think it'd be about time for another release of FFX and XII.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I went with VIII, but I could have gone for VI or IX. V is one of my favourite Final Fantasy games but I'm not certain how well it would fare with a 3D remake. I feel like it doesn't have the right kind of story and atmosphere to justify a modern AAA style getup.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

VI & VIII are the obvious choices. It's just whether SE see it as worth their while.

I love all three PS1 era numbered entries. I think the fan base for FFVII far outstrips the other two though.

FFVI. It's one of the few games that are still in 2D, and for me, it's truly the best FF game. I want the characters to have voices so badly, and to see the cutscenes in high quality so much, too.

FFVI doesn't need a remake. Among the games with a strong enough base to bother with, I think FFT could use the most "updating" with modern conveniences of UI/etc.

That's a tough choice. Any of the older ones I would definitely replay in newer graphics as long as the plot was not tampered with at all. I was going to vote for either 5 or 6, but then saw 9 which is one of my all-time favorites, and would love to see updated graphics and hear the characters voices!

FFIX got my vote.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Why is Crisis Core on that list? That's certainly one thing I hope will be retconned by the VII remake.

Anyway I'd choose either VIII or IX. Both games had issues with their gameplay that could easily be fixed by a remake, plus they'd look just as beautiful if not even more so than VII if remade with HD graphics.

Honestly speaking though, Square needs to spend more time and money coming up with new ideas instead of recycling old ones.

Final Fantasy II is the only one I really feel needs a remake -- there are just so many great ideas in the game that weren't properly realized and I'd love to see the story, locations, and characters expanded on.