Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you change?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default What would you change?

If you could start your life over again, would there be anything you'd do differently?

Maybe its a job you wish you'd studied for, maybe it's a person you should never have gotten involved with... or maybe you went to watch Black Swan instead of the far superior True Grit.

Tell me!

I'm trying to think of an answer that isn't long and complicated and I can't. This is... you're... I'm gonna go have a crisis, brb.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Though many things I wish I may have done differently there really isn't anything I'd change. It all leads to where I am now. At a loving girl friends house with a son who loves me and a future step daughter who thinks I am the best dad ever. Wouldn't want to risk trading that.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I would have started programming earlier. It's a lot of fun and I'm really good at it.

I also would have gotten more involved with campus life at school before my final year in graduate school. It was a lot of fun and I made several good friends, but I wonder what I missed would have happened if I had done so earlier.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy where my life is heading. How many people have a thesis on machine learning and could be a part of advancing the field in a meaningful way? You can't change the past, so take hold and shape your future!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No. Every little thing that's happened along the way has made me into the person I am now. I would never even think of changing that.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Not be a passive agressive run away wee bitch. And actually try better at school

reworded: not lose alot of friends by being a passive agressive run away bitch. Something that cant be changed now.
    Last edited by Galuf; 08-01-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

University. Both what I studied and when I went.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    No. Every little thing that's happened along the way has made me into the person I am now. I would never even think of changing that.
    Absolutely this!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    This. What I studied and where I went.

My dorm room had black mold which has caused my 8 year battle with horrible health issues. Had I gone to the other school I was looking at and not fall prey to my mom wanting me to be "closer" (the other one was 40 more minutes away than the one I went to), then maybe my health wouldn't be such a disaster as it is now. Maybe I wouldn't have wasted soooo much money on healthcare in my 20's and would be further along in my life aspirations.

Oh my God like absolutely everything. At least as far back as high school, but I'd go farther if possible (even though less is under my control). There is so little going for me right now that it's not even funny.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    This. What I studied and where I went.

My dorm room had black mold which has caused my 8 year battle with horrible health issues. Had I gone to the other school I was looking at and not fall prey to my mom wanting me to be "closer" (the other one was 40 more minutes away than the one I went to), then maybe my health wouldn't be such a disaster as it is now. Maybe I wouldn't have wasted soooo much money on healthcare in my 20's and would be further along in my life aspirations.
    Dang, I didn't know about this. That's grim, dude.
    Yeah, they torn them down a month after I left school as all my health stuff was kicking into high gear (it started while I was in the dorm but we didn't understand why then) so we couldn't really put anything toward the school about it cause welp, nothing there. Even more ironic thing. I knew they were tearing them down soon as I was the student representative for the new dorm plans. I helped plan the new ones. I picked them out.

My whole life is pretty much a joke at this point with how it's worked out.

I love my current life in the sense of who is in it but I always wonder what could have been had I just chose the other school.

It was seemingly innocent at the time but I brought a sociopath into my life and not only did he become a stalker and make my life worse, he made practically everyone he contacted through me's life worse.

So even if I somehow ended wiser or more mature from the experience I still couldnt justify the damage that guy brought on a replay of my life.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not get fat
    Dump that abusive is class the first time he lied to me

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nothing.

If I changed even something small would I still be here right now in this moment? Possibly not.