View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

2 20.00%
  • Tottenham

0 0%
  • Man City

2 20.00%
  • Liverpool

2 20.00%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Man Utd

2 20.00%
  • Brighton

2 20.00%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 English Football Season Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

John O'Shea is still better. Plus, he's Irish. Bonus points.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    http://www.football365.com/news/port...on-george-best

He wasn't a good person like my boy Dirk. The opposite to him, probably, as he was good looking, all talent and no work. He was a tragic genius who you can't help but admire and pity in equal measure. Hate, though? Never.
    How about Arsenal?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post

How about Arsenal?

try to watch it without getting an end of MGS3 manly tear in your eye.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I have an irrational love of the man. Nutmegging Figo, the chip against Arsenal, and a top, top goalkeeper. (Top man too)

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I have an irrational love of the man. Nutmegging Figo, the chip against Arsenal, and a top, top goalkeeper. (Top man too)
    Don't forget the 2006-2007 season where he was the most prolific striker in the Premier League. 80% of his shots on target resulted in goals. To put that into context... Drogba was second with 50%.

I mean yeah, O'Shea only had five shots on target BUT four goals... including a match winner at Anfield after they tore us apart for 90 minutes

I actually met John O'Shea at O'Shea's Irish bar (not his) in Manchester. Top guy.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Don't forget the 2006-2007 season where he was the most prolific striker in the Premier League. 80% of his shots on target resulted in goals. To put that into context... Drogba was second with 50%.

I mean yeah, O'Shea only had five shots on target BUT four goals... including a match winner at Anfield after they tore us apart for 90 minutes

I actually met John O'Shea at O'Shea's Irish bar (not his) in Manchester. Top guy.
    Haha excellent I met him in O'Donoghues pub in Dublin with Gary Breen years ago and he was 100%. I met Robbie Keane recently in a nightclub too. He was in a VIP area and I shouted 'MAN ROBBIE!!!' and the security asked me to step back but he said 'let the man over', so I chatted him for a second and afterwards he got to the stage and sang wonderwall. Haha two top men.

Str8 Pimpin'

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Did he say that he'd always been a fan of O'Donoghues pub as a boy??

Articles

FFXIV Character

He said he thinks every boy, growing up, dreams of putting on the jersey and to step over that white line to O'Donoghue's pub.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

Everton are basically United's bitch: selling them their best players, buying their crap ones and rolling over to have their tummies tickled whenever they play.

It'd be nice if Southampton actually let us beat them every once in a while. And if they bought Dejan Lovren back.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Everton are basically United's bitch: selling them their best players, buying their crap ones and rolling over to have their tummies tickled whenever they play.
    I agree with the selling and buying of players. They've actually rolled over very little in recent years... especially at Goodison Park where we've received plenty of spankings.

Obviously happy with the 4-0 though it definitely flattered us. We've been a lot more shakey at the back in the last two home games. Granted, we switched the back four against Basel but we were exposed far too many times yesterday.

If we can play like we did we did in those first 30 minutes consistently though then we'll be right up there in May.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

If I recall correctly, he only had five shots at all, and all five were on target. So 80% of his shots resulted in goals. Might be wrong, mind you. It's easy for stories about historic legends to get those extra little touches added on.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Phil Neville says Rashford is on the same level as Dembele, Mbappe.

He went from overrated, to criminally underrated, to I dunno now.. might seem laughable but I don't think he's far off those above.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

Sorry, but I don't think he is at that level. But then there's no shame in that either, he's still young and could still surpass both Dembele and Mbappe. Or he may just be another Francis Jeffers:

http://www.football365.com/news/marc...ous-statistics

Either way, Neville should know better than putting stupid amounts of pressure on such a young player. Just let him be Marcus Rashford.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Not on the same level but not far off. Agreed on the last bit. Just goes to show how astonishing Owen, Rooney, & Fowler were looking at those stats. To think Rashers has played around 70% of his time playing on the wing that he's in that scoring bracket is an achievement.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

Yeah, Liverpool (as a city) made some good young strikers with those three and Jeffers. But then it's also worth noting that all four of them peaked earlier in their careers than the average footballer. It's also worth noting that there's no sign of the likes of Harry Kane or Jamie Vardy on there.

There's too much pressure on footballers to be good now. Oxlade-Chamberlain has been taking a lot of trout from Arsenal fans but I mean he's had a handful of appearances, mostly off the bench, in a team that is in absolutely trout form. If he's still rubbish by the end of the season then fair enough but let's worry about that then.

Rashford's stats aren't too dissimilar from fellow winger Raheem Sterling's and I think if he matches him he can have a very good career in football. And yeah he could have a Kane/Vardy style late growth spurt and become really exceptional. Or, as mentioned, he could take the Jeffers route!