View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

2 20.00%
  • Tottenham

0 0%
  • Man City

2 20.00%
  • Liverpool

2 20.00%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Man Utd

2 20.00%
  • Brighton

2 20.00%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 English Football Season Thread

The second one especially is insane when you look at this angle:

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/s...453121/photo/1

VVD is clearly pulling his leg BACK and avoiding direct contact and Lamela is already falling down as if he took a knife right into his calf. Plus Lamela is making no play for the ball but just throwing himself into the leg.

After the ref sees it first hand and clearly waves play on, then he somehow gets talked into it by the assistant official, just bananas.

Also, two amazing goals in this game. That Wanyama strike, especially in replay, where you can see the swerve on it, was just beautiful. And Salah did what might be the best Leo Messi impression this season with that run.

I actually am becoming more convinced that Chelsea might be the one on the outside looking in at the Top 4. That team, especially Conte, just don't look right to me. They might win tomorrow but long term, they look like a team that just aren't as together.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Just realized that PEA is cup-tied so he can't even help Arsenal in the Europa league. This reeks of buying a used sports car, getting it waxed and polished and then forgetting to check if it has a sound engine. Looks nice but you can't use it properly. Same insanity as the Coutinho move.
    You'd almost think they were planning ahead rather than just for this season. Honestly, league > cups, and if they want to even see CL action next season then they need to make these kind of moves to improve their squad now. I think it was a good move. I dunno about the Coutinho move, I think that's more to appease fans and ensure that the current president resides during the next election after they sold Neymar.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Dunno, PEA is turning 29 this summer. At least Barca will get a good 5 years out of Coutinho unless they Fabregas him. With that said I still think the fee is madness. He is the second most expensive player of all time but would he get into a world XI or even a Premier League XI? He's still an incredible footballer though and this isn't a "never fancied her anyway" line, I promise!

...but Firmino was always our best Brazilian.

When you sign a 29 year old you're looking for an immediate impact, and I think arsenal still think they can get CL through the top 4, and why not? Chelsea don't have that third place secured at all, and Arsenal probably did the best bit of business in January out of the four fighting for those spots. The Europa is a good fallback, but their priority will be the league.

Hi guys I am trying to like your "English" "football" since there is never any Allsvenksan broadcast available. I do not have a favorite team yet, only a least favorite one (Chelsea).

Please make your pitches to me on behalf of each team, thanks. Don't bother with any team with "Manchester" in the name.

Really not looking good for Conte now. Is it me or do Chelsea teams always suffer such weird hangovers in form season to season? They are world beaters and then the same collection of players look like someone took their FIFA settings and reduced them by half.

I don't buy Arsenal as real threats to break into the top 4 still. Their squad still makes little sense to me. All season long they've been calling out for real steel in the midfield so in response... they break the bank on another striker, after doing that over the summer? Wenger is searching for one more Henry to help ride off into the sunset with but I don't see it here.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Hi guys I am trying to like your "English" "football" since there is never any Allsvenksan broadcast available. I do not have a favorite team yet, only a least favorite one (Chelsea).

Please make your pitches to me on behalf of each team, thanks. Don't bother with any team with "Manchester" in the name.
    Depends what you enjoy watching. As a Seahawks fan, you value a good team that has won in the past but they make some insane calls (run the ball with Lynch!!!!) and may be on the edge of decline. That basically describes Arsenal.

If you do not want to root for a Manchester team, and good for you, then I'd recommend Liverpool as they have a truly insanely fun to watch squad with a swaggering head coach who only believes in attacking at all costs. Rooting for them will always be fun but you'll definitely develop a heart condition since they are allergic to holding onto leads. Plus, they have a recent habit of losing their best players eventually to Spain.

If you want an inferiority complex, try either Spurs or Everton, who are always playing second fiddle to their "bigger" brothers clubs in their cities. Spurs have more talent but Everton have a manager who can help in placing bets.

Beyond that, root for Huddersfield if you want to make a friend of Patrick Stewart but they may not last beyond this season.

Otherwise, pick any team and just immerse yourself in their history and go from there.

Take care all.

Blog Entries

Too good to go down

there was a picture here

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Too good to go down
    On the one hand the banter would be most righteous should you go down, but on the other that'll be the end of the Swansea Football Thread Banter Era. Do I sacrifice long term enjoyment for one short term snarkfest? I don't know. I just don't know.

Hmm, Liverpool is a tough one to decide on.

Good: Salah is cool, attacking is pretty cool, red is a nice color, Dele Alli not on their team

Bad: Feels like one of the "big boys," pretty sure Psychotic likes them

Articles

Yeah, support Everton instead.

Everton, as far as I can tell -

Cons: Wayne Rooney, way too many English national team types in general, ugly blue kits

Pros: A player named "Jonjoe Kenny"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If you don't want any of the big boys (or Everton), then I'd personally suggest Burnley or Leicester.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Leicester are probably out because of the blue thing too.

How about West Bromwich Albion? They have a more aesthetically pleasing navy and Salomon Rondon is a lovely man.

Articles

Was that... was that a Champions League quality attack and a Champions League quality defence? Top scorers in this season's tournament with two 7-0's and a 5-0. Emphasis on the 0's!

Don't let the scoreline fool you either, while it is definitely deserved Liverpool did not go into full throttle berserker mode. It was cool, calm and collected. They were happy to have possession while Porto sat back and chased shadows, and then quickly grabbed it back whenever Porto did through some insane pressing. They only attacked when opportunities presented themselves and were clinical when they did. It was really, really smurfing good, and it wasn't at all Liverpoolish.