View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

2 20.00%
  • Tottenham

0 0%
  • Man City

2 20.00%
  • Liverpool

2 20.00%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Man Utd

2 20.00%
  • Brighton

2 20.00%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 English Football Season Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, but Depay was already a rather well known name on a global level before he arrived here, having top-scored in the Eredivisie (or whatever it's called), and he popped in two goals on debut. If you're talking new players from the academy at the point of their debut, things will probably be pretty similar between TAA and others from United. Rashford scored on all his relevant debuts if I recall correctly, so it made sense that there was a lot of hype around him at that point, especially scoring twice against Arsenal. But yeah, I'm sure TAA will get his hype for sure. Just looking around on Google News and he certainly is happy to do the hyping on his own. Lots of confidence, always a good thing (for him).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'll tell you one thing about him, and I'm going to finally sound like an old man after years of shrugging my shoulders and not caring about snoods and brightly coloured boots, but he really needs to sort his shirt number out. 66? That's just offensive. Anything above 40 is to me gosh darnit.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Is there some reasoning behind it?

Articles

Not particularly, most of our youth team players have numbers in the 50's and 60's, including three Wales internationals randomly enough. I'm just a grumpy old man who doesn't like it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Huh, strange! At United they get 30s and 40s normally, basically whatever the lowest number that isn't "first 29" that isn't already taken.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They do it in baseball quite a bit. 99 is quite popular. Generally though, the rule of thumb is if your two numbers add up to more than ten... you aren't very good. Hence numbers like 32, 23 are worn by the star players.

Baseball has that stupid thing though where they retire numbers for legendary players. The Yankees have no single numbers left as they've all been retired

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Let my first post in the football thread begin with 4 words directed at Antonio Conte - Thank you for Matic. I had absolutely no idea he could actually play football! Will Kante be found out this season without him?

Late to the predictions malarkey too.

1. Man City
    2. Man United
    3. Arsenal
    4. Spurs

5. Liverpool
    6. Chelsea

This is extremely hard to predict but I think City are big favourites.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

All aboard the HMS Knee Jerk! Ring the bell, it's all over. Man United's billions + Mourinho's Second Season Power = Invincibles 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    All aboard the HMS Knee Jerk! Ring the bell, it's all over. Man United's billions + Mourinho's Second Season Power = Invincibles 2.0.
    Andy Robertson is the new Roberto Carlos!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It looks great on paper but the game was much closer than the score line suggests. Swansea we're still well in the game going into the last 15 mins. They just had a five-minute implosion.

See Arsenal played well... but can they do it on a rainy night in... oh wait

Would seem the Wembley curse remains a real thing. Glad my predictions weren't for money.

Take care all.

Articles

Appalling stuff from Leicester fans, really really embarrassing for the city.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Appalling stuff from Leicester fans, really really embarrassing for the city.
    Yeah, I was hoping it was just a few bad eggs that you can get at any club. The fact that there were so many joining in though is smurfing awful.

Articles

Glad Liverpool ignored Barca's bulltrout and their "deadline", it's obvious they were just posturing. Of their £120m offer, nearly £40m of it was add ons for ridiculous things - Coutinho has to win the Ballon D'Or, Barca have to win multiple CL titles, and Coutinho has to win the Ballon D'Or in the same season Barca win the CL. I mean, really? Really? I still don't begrudge Coutinho himself for wanting to go there because it's obviously a step up but bloody hell.

Glad Liverpool ignored Barca's bulltrout and their "deadline", it's obvious they were just posturing. Of their £120m offer, nearly £40m of it was add ons for ridiculous things - Coutinho has to win the Ballon D'Or, Barca have to win multiple CL titles, and Coutinho has to win the Ballon D'Or in the same season Barca win the CL. I mean, really? Really? I still don't begrudge Coutinho himself for wanting to go there because it's obviously a step up but bloody hell.
    When I read about all the add-ons that the contract was going to be composed of, I couldn't believe it. Did Barcelona really think they could get away with that? I kind of hope they don't sign any of their major targets this year, though seems like they may get Dembele still.

On the Liverpool side, can we SIGN A CENTERBACK PLEASE!

Take care all.