View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

2 20.00%
  • Tottenham

0 0%
  • Man City

2 20.00%
  • Liverpool

2 20.00%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Man Utd

2 20.00%
  • Brighton

2 20.00%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 1 of 20 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 English Football Season Thread

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Default 2017-18 English Football Season Thread

You know what to do...
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm ever the optimist pre-season...

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Voted Brighton. Next year will be our year. No Keita, no party.

Blog Entries

Football has finally gone off the deep end in the past week

there was a picture here

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Football has finally gone off the deep end in the past week
    Whoa now, hold that one back until Gylfi goes.

Neymar leaving Barca is the same as Kyrie leaving LeBron and the Cavs: a younger player who is tired of being in the shadow of an all-time great. However, in both cases, the grass won't be greener. They'll make their money sure but won't enjoy the same level of success where ever they go next.

Also, Liverpool must not sell Coutinho, no matter the price. Losing our best player with the season this close to starting would de-stabilize the club too much. Plus, does he really want to go to a team that no longer has his best friend there? Yes, it's Barcelona, but I thought part of the personal appeal to the move was playing alongside Neymar?

Who do you think Barca end up signing? I wouldn't be shocked if they throw almost all of the PSG money they get at Mbappe. As a like for like winger/striker, that move makes the most sense.

Take care all.

Articles

Coutinho isn't leaving. I think he's happy to remain at LFC for another season or two, but he'd also be okay if we accepted a bid from Barca. Basically, he isn't going to pull a Suarez/Sterling to get a move. That's not to say there's not going to be more pressure from Barca, their players and their media lackeys, especially as they try to get a distraction from the Neymar humiliation. I would be surprised if he is not a Liverpool player on September 1st. But I'd also be surprised if he is one on September 1st 2019. Could go either way on 2018.

Blog Entries

Neymar's wages before tax: ‎€865,000
    Neymar's wages after tax: ‎€865,000

Now the obvious joke is out of the way...football has gone mad

there was a picture here

Articles

I don't know what this says about me but I had a dream featuring the football thread. Apparently my subconscious was excited for its return.

I was on a beach and Gareth Bale had just signed for Man United. I was so desperate to share my thoughts on that with you lot that I wrote them in the sand and by dream logic that worked. My main thoughts were that he is a class above Lukaku and that United would now win the league. Except I wrote it in the powdery dry sand near the top of the beach so it was hard to get any definition on the letters, and I was getting very irritated.

I don't know. I honestly don't even smurfing know.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Psy... I think we should close this thread to preserve any semblance of sanity you may have left.

What is the protocol for quoting sand writing for future thread use?

Take care all.

Articles

Okay, here's a wild prediction for you:

1. Man City
    2. Arsenal
    3. Man Utd
    4. Liverpool
    5. Spurs
    6. Chelsea

Best of the rest: West Ham. Yep. Not Everton.

I'm a maniac, lock me up.

Let's play it safe with relegation: Brighton, Newcastle (Rafa will be the first manager to go because of Mike Ashley, otherwise he'd keep them up) and Swansea. Was tempted to say Huddersfield and complete the set, but, you know, #justfootballthreadthings.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

your poll isn't public and doesn't close like a week after the transfer window thus locking out those people who wait for halfway through the season before voting therefore it is not good enough let me SQL that for you
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

1. Man City
    2. Man Utd
    3. Arsenal
    4. Spurs
    5. Liverpool
    6. Chelsea

Everton having a chance at breaking the top 4? They won't even break the top 6.

The season is less than a week away but this years Premier league seems as murky as ever. So many players and teams remain in flux and there looks like anywhere from 5 to 6 viable candidates to take the trophy home. In a way, that's how it should be, with the season being less a one or two horse race.

As a Liverpool fan I remain a bit perplexed, as the team still requires more additions and must keep its best player at all costs for this campaign. They've looked extremely deadly in pre-season with plenty of pace, but that defense still needs help.

Spurs are a real mystery to me though. When a team has finished Top 3 in back to back years and now seems like it wants to rest on their laurels a bit... that doesn't seem like a strategy for finally winning the league.

City have been spending all kinds of money but I still wonder if they are a collection of expensive pieces versus a team. Utd seem like they still need to make a few moves, Chelsea I think are going to rue not using Costa and Arsenal are gonna Arsenal, play well, dip in form and then fight through to the end to get a Top 4 spot. Everton and West Ham meanwhile seem like they want to break into the higher tier and it remains to be seen what will happen.

My only predictions this year? I think a NON Top 6 team breaks into the Top 6 this season. Some top manager will be looking for a new job come end of season, or even sooner if they start slowly. There are too many great coaches and not enough trophies or Champions League spots to go around.

Take care all.