View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

2 20.00%
  • Tottenham

0 0%
  • Man City

2 20.00%
  • Liverpool

2 20.00%
  • Arsenal

0 0%
  • Man Utd

2 20.00%
  • Brighton

2 20.00%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 English Football Season Thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

28 goals in 84 games for Derby County

Regarding Sanchez, if we do get him I'm in two minds. On the one hand, £35m (even if it's just six months until he's on a free) is a steal considering the current market. On the other hand, I love Rashford and Lingard and don't want to see them permanently sidelined by a big name just because he's a big name. At the moment, this season, Lingard is a better performer than Sanchez. Same goals, with Lingard one assist ahead, and in notably fewer minutes.

As for his wages, I don't pay too much attention to that stuff and the rumours are all over the place. £300k? £400k? £500k? Which is it? Given we'd apparently agreed terms with him ages ago according to all reports, the wage seems to keep going upwards since then for no obvious reason. I don't think we'd be paying him £500k per week, that's for sure. That's £200k more than anyone else in the PL as far as I'm aware. No reason for that to be justified.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Absolutely buzzing with the confirmation of Sanchez. Really can't wait until Friday now. Think he'll play a part for him to be better settled in for the Spurs game. I like Rashers and Lingard a lot too but a player of his quality we have to jump at if the opportunity arises. I see Mata being in more danger than Lingard but I guess we'll see. Delighted. Don't think anything will top the unveiling of Van Persie though!

Str8 Pimpin'

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

While you'd think it couldn't get more depressing than losing to Manus's Swansea, the Liverpool team tonight is the first starting XI in Premier League history to have every single player born in the 1990's. I can't get mad at them without feeling like an old man shouting at children.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Only Liverpool can tear City apart and lose against the leagues bottom side in the space of a week!

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

there was a picture here

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    While you'd think it couldn't get more depressing than losing to Manus's Swansea, the Liverpool team tonight is the first starting XI in Premier League history to have every single player born in the 1990's. I can't get mad at them without feeling like an old man shouting at children.
    I feel like this should have been expected, really. After years and years of abuse, Steve was always going to eventually find a way to get his revenge, wasn't he?

Blog Entries

Did Liverpool fall for the Van Dijk meme?

there was a picture here

Articles

To be fair I don't think the reanimated corpse of Bobby Moore would look like a good defender with Mignolet behind him and Moreno to his left.

Articles

Swansea in full on Sunderland mode.

Blog Entries

CARLOS HAD A DREAM

there was a picture here

It seems crazy to me that Arsenal are adding yet another striker to their squad and at the same time, might be falling out of touching distance of the Top 4. Maybe their play is to do the same as United and win the Europa to get back into the Champions league?

Don't love that Liverpool seem to have gone quiet on deadline day as I still think our squad looks thin. Still, it seems like much of the top 4 are moving slow today.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't watch the game last night. Thank smurf.

Just realized that PEA is cup-tied so he can't even help Arsenal in the Europa league. This reeks of buying a used sports car, getting it waxed and polished and then forgetting to check if it has a sound engine. Looks nice but you can't use it properly. Same insanity as the Coutinho move.

Also, is it me or is literally every team below 9th still possible to get relegated? The gulf between the top and bottom has never seemed bigger to me.

Take care all.

Articles

Revoltingly bad refereeing. Like, it's part of the game and you win some, you lose some, so I don't normally complain, but I'm making an exception because that was absolutely sickening. Two penalties in five minutes, both dives and obvious smurfing dives. You have to be as stupid as Harry Kane looks if you think either one was anywhere near a penalty. If those diving s pip us to a CL spot I am going to be sore as hell about it.

Blog Entries

The most revolting part about all this is I've actually come to enjoy watching Liverpool games now. It's just 100% banterball.

there was a picture here