Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

The release date for the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is almost upon us. Is anybody else picking this up?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

I really want to but I don't think I can afford a new game for awhile, I'm afraid.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I may just!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Absolutely.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I really want to but I don't think I can afford a new game for awhile, I'm afraid.
    I don't really like buying games at full price anymore, but this is <£30 at launch so I'm quite happy paying that. It'll be the last game that I buy for a while, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I may just!
    Do ittttt!

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Absolutely.
    Right answer
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Yeah, I think the discounted price is really selling me on the game. I don't know if I'll have any time to play it in the near future though.

I definitely recommend everyone pick this up if they can. The developers apparently remade the games from the ground up, and put a ton of effort into them.

I feel pretty confident that if this sells well, we're almost definitely going to see the return of Crash in some new games.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Yeah, there are some people calling the trilogy "remasters", but I'd say they're "remakes". Sure, they're exactly the same games so they're not technically remakes, but they're much more than a remaster and, like you say, you can see the effort that has been put in to bring Crash up to todays standards. I'm pretty sure that the game will sell a ton of copies and will easily take #1 in the all formats charts in various countries upon release. Naughty Dog have praised VV on this as well.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

found this on youtube! This looks great

While a playable version of Crash 1 is tempting, it's also my dislike for said game that deters me. I got all three for $0.99 during a flash sale anyway and still need to try and beat the first game as well as play the other two (which I hopefully assume are better).

Now a Spyro trilogy remake... I would be all over that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ganon View Post
    While a playable version of Crash 1 is tempting, it's also my dislike for said game that deters me. I got all three for $0.99 during a flash sale anyway and still need to try and beat the first game as well as play the other two (which I hopefully assume are better).

FWIW I never was a fan of Crash 1, but Crash 2 and 3 are some of my favorite games ever.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I loved Crash 1 as a kid. I replayed it on a PS1 emulator relatively recently and while I enjoyed a lot of it, parts of it were really fiddly and frustrating. The control didn't feel quite as tight as a more modern game would. So the idea of a remake rather than a remaster is an appealing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Absolutely.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ganon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I loved Crash 1 as a kid. I replayed it on a PS1 emulator relatively recently and while I enjoyed a lot of it, parts of it were really fiddly and frustrating. The control didn't feel quite as tight as a more modern game would. So the idea of a remake rather than a remaster is an appealing one.
    I read a few months back they reworked this trilogy and made Crash 1 waaaay easier. So a lot of this may have been rectified.

That should be the case, since they had to build it from the ground up in a reverse engineering manner, since the original files for the game were either lost or indecipherable

I will probably pick this collection up, even though I never got into the series initially. I was way late to the PS1 party, and not really into any of the kid-friendly games at the time. In fact, I mostly had RPGs for the console. But despite not having a history or nostalgia regarding the series, I super appreciate that this game exists, and it brings me hope that other things like it will happen, as I too would love a Spyro game. I never owned it, but my brother's family had it, and I liked what I saw and what little I played. And there need to be more good platformer games these days. And from what I've heard, Yooka-Laylee didn't scratch that itch for many people

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Most definitely! Think my girlfriend will end up playing it more than me though.

Str8 Pimpin'