Short history lesson about me: It must have been my brother who got me into Tekken. (we were raised by separate parts of our family) He always had the latest video game consoles and stuff and definitely had a Playstation before me. Anyway, I played Tekken 3 at his house and was beyond addicted. Jin was my favorite. I eventually somehow unlocked his school uniform and always played in that. Also played tons of Tekken Ball. My other favorite was Anna 'cuz I was a healthy growing boy. (or I was being indoctrinated by the unhealthy misogynistic system we live in while also falling victim to the US' strange love-hate relationship with sex) Loved her zebra outfit with the hat.

Anyway, young as I was, I still enjoyed Tekken for the story and characters. I read the instruction manual for T3 and was very intrigued. So intrigued I insisted my grandmother get Tekken 1 and 2 because I was clearly missing stuff. Found Tekken 2 at some random store but my grandmother had to special order Tekken 1 from somewhere.

Tekken Tag was among the first games I got for my new PS2 and I played it religiously because it played more like 3. T1 and 2 were...difficult to play but I still liked the characters in them, especially Jun. So TTT was a godsend, letting me play all these characters with all the improvements I hadn't even known were improvements.

Of course I was hyped for Tekken 4, too. It was a bit disappointing at the time but I've come to regard it quite highly. It was very story-driven and treated all the characters respectfully. Also that prologue music!

Tekken 5 though was a true disappointment for me because it just didn't have the same narrative integrity as 5.I kind of lost interest after this and all the trout I heard about T6, and Heihachi's legendary seiyuu passing away, turned me off the series I used to love.

But with Tekken 7 out I feel the need to rediscover this old franchise of my childhood. I've been told Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is among the best games in the series but sadly it's only for PSP and PS3 and guess whose PS3 crapped out a few months ago.

Luckily though, I do have options:
I have a PSTV which I can play Tekken 6 on. Also Street Fighter x Tekken.
I have a Xbox 360 which I can get Tekken Tag 2 for.
I have a PS4 for Tekken 7.

I intend to catch up and see what has become of the series I loved.

At present, of the above list, I've only gotten T6.

I think Azazel's theme is pretty cool. Then I heard it a few hundred times. More accurately, I heard the first...oh, 30 or 40 seconds of it a few hundred times. Now I don't like it.

Also that announcer needs to shut up.

So I'm no good at these games and I'm okay with it. I press buttons until I figure out what works and I remember what buttons work and I just do that a lot It's served me well in all the Tekken games., at least on regular difficulty. But Jesus, Azazel was a nightmare. I pretty much had given up all hope of beating it with 2 rounds and was thinking of setting it to 1 round. Then I thought "maybe I should try to kick more." Maybe it was pure, dumb luck but when I started to figure out more of Anna's good kicking moves, I won.

And my reward is an ending I watched on YouTube ages ago. It's nice Anna and Nina have resolved their differences enough to go out and shoot pool together. Only... I don't think that happened so it's just a joke ending with Anna butt. I'll take it.

What's with the Story Mode, though? It was like, 4 fights.Random person, Nina ("Rival"), Jin and Azazel. What kind of story is that? They've regressed to T1-3 levels. Especially with that "prologue." I unlocked Anna's prologue you see so it must be some great reward, that paragraph of text. I wasn't joking when I said the T4 Prologues were great and the T5 works were okay too. But this? Yuck. T5 also had those cool "significant fights" where you got dialogue and stuff before and after the battle. But here? Nothing between Anna and Nina pre or post fight.

I dunno, this was a bit disappointing. I had fun, but I dunno. Feels kind of low effort.

Also I should mention I support Jin x Xiaoyu and her T4 ending was very sweet in how somber it was. But in 5, she had a joke ending and the same is apparently true for this game.

Anyway...that's enough from me.

What's your favorite game?

Who are your favorite characters?

Favorite Songs? (this series is full of absolutely amazing tracks)