Thread: Worst Fights in Ff

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Default Worst Fights in Ff

Literaly only made this thread so I could hate On Dorter slums in FF tactics. And I bloody hate fights that are so hard and annoying so early. Seriously everything hits hard amd takes hits well. Its not good idea to make you need to grind so much at the start of the bloody game.

whats your guys worst fights?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That's the fight that teaches you about height in the game and also that you need a strategy to win, because brute force will get you destroyed. Take the high ground and focus on one target at a time.

The ones I can think of right now:
    FFIV: Zeromus. Haven't beat it yet.
    FFVII: Carry Armor. Ugh, just ugh
    FFX: Seymour Beta and Yunalesca. These fights can be very annoying if you don't know what to do, especially during the first playthrough of the game. I lost many times against these 2 bosses.
    FFXII: Yazmat/Omega/Zodiark. Choose your favourite one. No explanation needed.
    FFXIII: Barthandelus' first form. It's hard because your options are very limited at this point in the game and you need to choose your party members carefully. I tried a few times before finding the right party for me. And that Destrudo attack....
    FFXIII-2: Nothing especially hard here imo.

I don't remember having particular troubles playing FFVI, but it's been a long time since I played it, so I might be wrong. I'll think about it some more though.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Seymour Beta? I thought the one everyone had trouble was Flux.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Adel in FFVIII. GOD DAMN I hate hate hateeeed it.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    You're right, my bad
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

Materia Keeper from VII, mostly because I had Vincent in the party and his limit break would constantly heal the boss (who absorbs fire damage). The giant mechanical spider boss from VIII was just annoying and tedious, not at all helped by you having to fight the damn thing four times in a row. The Yevon final boss from X was a complete joke.

Beta's pretty hard if you didn't grind the crap out of your party beforehand. It doesn't help that there's a ten minute unskippable cutscene right before the actual fight. One of my best friends never got past that boss.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Seymour beta is seymour natus from bevelle right? I had no trouble first time but second time I died a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    Materia Keeper from VII, mostly because I had Vincent in the party and his limit break would constantly heal the boss (who absorbs fire damage).
    Done that before when finally unlocked Vincent the first time. It was like slow, slow, slow, slow torture.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

One that's fresh in my mind is the Magic Master at the top of the Cultist Tower in FFVI. I mean, he wasn't actually too tough but when he dies he casts Ultima which at that point... wipes out my entire team. The worst thing is, there is no save point anywhere on the Cultist Tower which means I have to climb the whole thing again... which includes fighting one of the eight dragons. What a bastard.

I mean, I could've avoided death by casting re-raise on one of my team but how the hell am I supposed to know that? If you're gonna pull a dirty trick like that at least let me save before the fight

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    One that's fresh in my mind is the Magic Master at the top of the Cultist Tower in FFVI. I mean, he wasn't actually too tough but when he dies he casts Ultima which at that point... wipes out my entire team. The worst thing is, there is no save point anywhere on the Cultist Tower which means I have to climb the whole thing again... which includes fighting one of the eight dragons. What a bastard.

I mean, I could've avoided death by casting re-raise on one of my team but how the hell am I supposed to know that? If you're gonna pull a dirty trick like that at least let me save before the fight
    That parts even worse when you dont even know phoenix or reraise even exists.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Materia Keeper from VII, mostly because I had Vincent in the party and his limit break would constantly heal the boss (who absorbs fire damage). The giant mechanical spider boss from VIII was just annoying and tedious, not at all helped by you having to fight the damn thing four times in a row. The Yevon final boss from X was a complete joke.

Beta's pretty hard if you didn't grind the crap out of your party beforehand. It doesn't help that there's a ten minute unskippable cutscene right before the actual fight. One of my best friends never got past that boss.
    I just googled this. They're the same thing, but I don't understand why. I could swear in my copy of X his name is Flux. I don't know where Beta comes from.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I just googled this. They're the same thing, but I don't understand why. I could swear in my copy of X his name is Flux. I don't know where Beta comes from.
    He is Flux in my game too.. never heard of Beta before either.

edit apparantly in spanish and italian he is seymour Beta

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Dark Valefor, I didn't know he was there. I just wanted the Jecht Sphere. No warning at all. Going home and suddenly boss fight.