View Poll Results: Which game would you like to see a remake or remaster of?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xenosaga Episode 1

2 10.53%
  • Shadow Hearts 2

0 0%
  • Morrowind

7 36.84%
  • Breath of Fire IV

0 0%
  • Suikoden II

0 0%
  • Legend of Dragoon

2 10.53%
  • Skies of Arcadia

2 10.53%
  • Phantasy Star IV

1 5.26%
  • Baldur's Gate 2

1 5.26%
  • Other (Please mention in thread)

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which RPG Game would you love to see get a Remaster/Remake?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Which RPG Game would you love to see get a Remaster/Remake?

There has been many wonderful RPGs over the years that many of us grew up on. Which one would you love to see get an HD style remaster or a full blown remake?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Persona 2's story is amazing, but it hasn't aged well AT ALL. I don't need Social Links or P5's fancy dungeons; I just want a game that changes the battle system and Demon Negotiation to something more snappy (earning EXP for the latter would also be nice). Also, make the Velvet Room more modern. Negotiating for special currency rather than a new Persona is probably the most tedious part of the game.

As for games in the poll, I'm torn somewhere in between Skies of Arcadia and Suikoden II. I haven't really played much of either, but I've enjoyed my [EXTREMELY casual] playthrough of the first Suikoden. Skies of Arcadia is also really cool, and it's a world I'd like to see rendered with modern technology.
    Last edited by Edge7; 08-29-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    Returners Represent!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Technically, Baldur's Gate II already has a remastered version (I was even part of the translation team on the Polish version...)

Voted Morrowind. Liked a lot of the games on the list but felt they all aged fairly well. Morrowind, on the other hand, just makes me physically ill when I play it. I have no idea whether it's the contrast, the fluidity of the animations or just my mouse speed, or maybe the fact that everything is so gray and brown, but I just can't play it for long, which is a shame because I was getting pretty into it. A remaster could help alleviate that issue for me.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I voted Phantasy Star IV even though its aged pretty well. But I would love to see those comic cut scenes fully animated and voice acted.

Skies of Arcadia since I missed it on both Dreamcast and GCN.

But surely the Switch Virtual Console will be better this time and include many games from their systems all across the board. Spoilers IT WILL NOT.

I want to choose Phantasy Star IV because that part of the franchise doesn't get a lot of love and memory these days, and it'd be nice to see a look back and re-tinted rose-colored glasses, but considering Sega's track record I have little faith they'd do it justice anyway. Morrowind is a great choice since it's really ugly and slow and confusing and super glitchy these days. Everything else has indeed aged pretty well. I would like to experience Morrowind in a non-ridiculous manner

Articles
    Blog Entries

I feel like BG2 is Bioware's opus and it's clear Dragon Age is using a lot of similar tropes and such so I think it'd be nice to see them give it a proper remake, though it's totally playable.

the more correct answer is probably Morrowind.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Technically, Baldur's Gate II already has a remastered version (I was even part of the translation team on the Polish version...)

Voted Morrowind. Liked a lot of the games on the list but felt they all aged fairly well. Morrowind, on the other hand, just makes me physically ill when I play it. I have no idea whether it's the contrast, the fluidity of the animations or just my mouse speed, or maybe the fact that everything is so gray and brown, but I just can't play it for long, which is a shame because I was getting pretty into it. A remaster could help alleviate that issue for me.
    I'd say morrowind as well. My biggest issue with the game is the fact that you can see yourself doing things physically that the end decides aren't working. Like I prefer fighting with bows in the elder scrolls games but even though I cam literally see the arrow hitting the target half the time or more it's actually missing early on in the game. It's an incredibly obtuse thing to subject the player to. Even when you know what's going on it's incredibly annoying.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Legend of Dragoon. Loved that game so much, but it suffered from the limitations of its' time. Imagine how amazing that game could be with a modern engine and graphics.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Out of the listed ones it would be Suikoden 2, buuuuut

Seiken Densetsu 3.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I'll again beat the FFVIII drum. If FFVII is a success, it could happen?

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, I kind of wish the updated Persona 2 Eternal Punishment got a Western release. So far, it's the only Persona game not released in Europe, which is a crying shame. It'd be cool if Atlus decided to release a Persona collection on one platform - we'd get a good opportunity for EP to come here.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

man hopefully se one day decided to do a ff7 remake

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

I chose other as I personally would like to see Earthbound aka Mother 2 remade! It was a great title but seems a bit aged back to the 90's. let's see them revamp it to today!

Morrowind. I'd like to see what all the fuss was about.