Thread: The Disney Animated Classics

Default The Disney Animated Classics

Back in the 90s my family tried to collect the entire set of Disney's "Animated Classics"

Post Dinosaur I started to be really bad about watching the new ones but I'd like to remedy that ideally.

Disney is going to be yanking everything from Netflix so Im going to try and get what they have available there before it's gone.

Here's the official list of what counts as an animated Classic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._Studios_films

What have you missed and wanted to see? Which ones do you like? Which ones do you HATE?

A good chunk of the first half of that list I still have on VHS, but haven't watched in ages.

Others I have in my instant queue (<-- SPELLED RIGHT FIRST TRY) on Netflix like Mulan, Moana, and Zootopia. I should probably get to those before they're gone. The Jungle Book Live as well.

I don't have any of them on VHS anymore, when I was fourteen my mum gave them to the kid nextdoor. But I managed to re-collect Snow White, Fantasia, Cinderella, Lady And The Tramp, The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Hercules, Mulan, Emperors New Groove, Lilo And Stitch, Brother Bear, Tangled, Princess And The Frog, The Lion King and Frozen on DVD.

I hope to get Moana, Meet The Robinson's, Hunchback, Sleeping Beauty, Alice In Wonderland, and Bambi soon.

The only Disney movies I really hate are Chicken Little, Home On The Range, and Dinosaur. There's alot I'm eh on, & uncomfortable with due to too much 1940's- 1950's racism. ( Dumbo and Peter Pan come to mind straight away ). I'm eh on Brother Bear as well, but that was a gift after a rough trip from the dentist.

I was planning to get the Diamond Edition of Aladdin on bluray, but we got this troutty bluray Aladdin edition instead with the VHS cover and the old DVD extras instead. Everywhere else got the Diamond, but not us.

I just watched Chicken Little for the first time since posting this thread.

It was even worse than I was led to believe. It was a friggin mess.

It was trying way too hard. You're not supposed to land a sight gag every single frame.

I'd probably be more forgiving if this thing was like 10 minutes long like an old Looney Tunes short.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post

It was trying way too hard. You're not supposed to land a sight gag every single frame.

I'd probably be more forgiving if this thing was like 10 minutes long like an old Looney Tunes short.
    It was trying way too hard to be like Dreamworks tbh. Trying too hard to create the newest Shrek comedy. If you want a good Disney Chicken Little, I highly recommend the 1940's Walt Cartoon version.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Whenever I need a good laugh I watch The Emperors New Groove.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post

It was trying way too hard to be like Dreamworks tbh. Trying too hard to create the newest Shrek comedy. If you want a good Disney Chicken Little, I highly recommend the 1940's Walt Cartoon version.

Thanks for posting that maybee. I had no idea that existed.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

According to that wiki article, basically haven't seen anything since 2000. Off to spend a couple days catching up, I guess.