Thread: Coolest-Looking Moves in Gaming

Default Coolest-Looking Moves in Gaming

Pretty straight forward: I've long been contemplating the way certain characters and their attacks/moves come across to the audience. One of the major reasons I am such a big fan of Final Fantasy VII is because of the awesome attack styles of characters like Cloud, Tifa, and Cid. Perhaps it was not the first game to relay such mind-blowing movesets but, it was the first game I played in which I witnessed such a thing.

Anyhow, very likely this thread will become bogged down by those who will post just one example. In such a case, I hope to the name of the character and the game they are from as well as the name of the attack or, in lieu of that, a short description of the attack or why it is cool.

Some that come to mind:

Final Fantasy VII (of course)
    Cloud's Braver, Climhazzard, and Omnislash
    Tifa's Somersault and Meteor Strike
    Cid's Dives and Big Brawl
    Yuffie's Greased Lightning and Doom of the Living

Legend of the Dragoon
    Lavitz/Albert's Gust of Wind Dance

I could list more but I don't want the first post to get bogged down either.

So, yeah, anyway, list your favorite moves by coolness (not by damage or aoe).
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

There are so many in the Super Robot Taisen games, I can't list them all. Instead I'll just post one example

Just to hide the big youtube clip for people who want to scroll past

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Suikoden 3 - Bow Wow attack. Koroku, Koichi, Connie, Kosanji, and Kogoro.

The attack starts at around 5:00 in the video.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Including Touhou spellcards is probably cheating, but can't go wrong with these two.

Yoshimitsu seppuku in Tekken and Soul Calibur is just so disrespectful and dope-looking if you can pull it off

Shoryuken for just being iconic af

Ganondorf pretty much anything in Smash

My god, I'm glad I've never heard of that touhou game. Even watching how predictable the patterns actually are, playing a game like that would probably turn me into a murderer.

As to Tekken, yes, there are some phenonemally watchable moves, not the least of which I'd include Kazuya's spinning kicks.
    DOA's got some pretty great ones too.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.