Thread: If I were to record an audiobook, would you listen to it?

Default If I were to record an audiobook, would you listen to it?

So, I've had limited success in getting people to read books. Always too busy, or too many other things to read first. With that, my mind turned to audiobooks. An alternative that people can listen to while doing other things as background noise, and that could be a cheaper to provide alternative. So, I'm curious, if I were to record an audiobook, either making it available on YouTube or putting it someplace like Vocaroo, or even just downloadable audio files on Dropbox or something, would you guys like to listen?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Depends what it would be about I guess?

I enjoy listening to podcasts and audiobooks on my commute instead of music because it's a way to quickly get some education material.

Science fiction.

E. E. "Doc" Smith wrote what are considered the first books in the space opera genre. He essentially is to large scale sci-fi what Tolkein is to high fantasy. His works coined the term "tractor beam", helped shape US naval tactics in WW2 (an impact still being felt today, in fact), and influenced a lot of science fiction that has come since, including Star Trek and Star Wars.

But, after an anime movie was made in 1984 (that basically uses a couple of ideas and all the names, but completely butchers the story), the courts decided that his estate waited too long to defend the copyright, and thus copyright protections were loss and the stories are now part of the public domain. So I don't even have to worry about copyright troubles if I do this.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Oooh, I remember reading E.E. Doc Smith! Don't think I've read any since I was about 9, but I remember them being good fun to read. I'd probably listen to an audiobook of a Doc Smith novel, it would make me feel very nostalgic.