Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story: Cult

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default American Horror Story: Cult

Based on the trailer, I'm really looking forward to the introduction of Billie Lourd and the way she interacts with Evan Peters. The trailer also has a few Twisty the Clown references.

Premieres September 5th, so right around the corner.

Ryan Murphy confirmed that the season will be connected to Freak Show; but will be set in modern day. The season will revolve around the 2016 U.S. election and be representative of both sides of the political divide. He also said that he will be "illuminating and highlighting" groups of people he believes to be "ignored by the current [Trump] administration and who are afraid and feel terrorized that their lives are going to be taken away."

It was confirmed that the season would be set in the aftermath of the presidential election, with the first episode taking place on election night. Murphy explained it will be about "the fallout of that night, which to many people, from all sides of the camps is a horror story." He also stated "Horror Story is always about allegory, so the election is allegory." Archive footage of the election night is going to be used in the season premiere.

The opening sequence of the series will return in this season, following its absence in Roanoke.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I look forward to being disappointed again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I already hate Sarah Paulson's character and hope she dies.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I already hate Sarah Paulson's character and hope she dies.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The opening credits.

I think Coven still takes the cake for creepiest, but it's nice to have credits back after missing them last season.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Damn Shauna. I don't see what's culty about that trailer.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Honestly, I really enjoy like 60% of AHS and then it just drops off for the rest of the season. I am usually watching the finale feeling "Is that it".

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The trailer looks great.

It probably reflects about 5% of what's happening and the rest will be some really convoluted ridiculousness which ruins the whole thing, and just slowly gets worse over the course of the season...

Sound about right?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Honestly, the more intertwined the seasons become, the less interest I have. Connecting the seasons weakens the series, not makes it stronger.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Alright i'm 5 seconds in. I never do this with shows, but as soon as something ridiculous happens i'm going to pause the tv and go in the computer room and type something.

-We open up on some archived news footage and "I'm not gonna believe this until Rachel Maddow confirms it"

-Character immediately blames protest voters for the Trump win. Take that, people who genuinely liked...Jill Stein, is their culprit? Okay. Also people who'd rather spend time on Etsy.

-Hahaha Evan Peters put on literal crushed Cheetos as face paint

-You need a trigger warning in case you don't want to hear information that the entire world is waiting for and would be unavoidable to hear within 24 hours. I get not wanting to hear information that might be traumatic to you on the spot, but I mean, what would the trigger warning be? Donald Trump might win? You already knew that.

This is just before the opening credits.

-We open up to a picnic blanket in the woods in what appears to be a similiar scene of the first Twisty the Clown appearance in Freakshow. Calling it now as a movie scene or something. Yep! It's John Carroll Lynch. That's actually pretty cool. Hey girl, if you're running away from a masked killer, maybe don't try to hide in the abandoned school bus that looks like it has been occupied as a living space. Well, turns out it was a comic book strip. Almost called it.

-I feel like Sarah Paulson has already screamed more than Evan Peters did in Coven. And that was like 90% of his dialogue that season.

-"I see you 4chan guys now think it's okay to come out in public since Papa Bear Trump told you it's fine now."

-"We're not scared, you're the ones who are scared". Uhhh, Sarah Paulson sure as smurf looks scared.

-The election night has reawakened Sarah's fear of clowns. As well as coral. Not the coral itself, but the fact that there's so many holes in it. Probably a reference to the beehives of the show's promo material, and having a hive mind at large.

-Chaz Bono the republican grocery store cashier randomly decides to put on MAGA hat mid-work shift so we can scare the trout out of Sarah Paulson one more time.

-I can't tell if the son is one of the vampire kids from Hotel or not

-Oh trout Sarah was one of the previously mentioned Jill Stein voters. This is causing a rift in her marriage. Not gonna lie, I didn't see that twist coming. I thought she would have been true blue for Hillary.

-I'm actually glad Evan Peters threw his drink on them so we could end that scene

-The most difficult pain Billie has ever experienced is when she let Scotty Nickels do anal. Amen, sister.

-It was also the most intense pleasure too. Amen, sister.

-Probably the first time someone nailed a babysitting gig by saying they got a retweet from Lena Dunham.

-"Was there blood and poop"

-I honestly can't say how I would react to someone pissing in a condom and then throwing it at my vehicle. It's not something you plan for. I do like the implied social commentary of people recording minorities doing bad things, but only after leaving out the part where they were antagonized.

-t~w~i~t~t~e~r

-Alright i'm confused. Billie seems to be there babysitting like under the spell of her brother or something. Wasn't this same person triggered that Trump won the election? What happened that made her jump to this character who shows the deep web to children? That one pinky swear conversation?

-Imaginary clowns beating off

-Ivy went from sympathy to "I'm tired of your bulltrout" real quick. If you're hate watching this show, Sarah Paulson's girlfriend might be your hero.

-So Sarah isn't the only person seeing these clowns. The clowns the son saw out the window were identical to the ones in the supermarket. But they weren't there, right? Maybe some of them are real. Not the one beating off in the restaurant, though. The show is also apparently based on The Purge.

-"Stop the car, stop the car". As opposed to what? Running into the sideways parked police car 10 feet in front of you? Or did you think she would see the flashing lights in front of your house and immediately do a 180 and get the hell out of there.

-Hey, I've got an idea! Let's take a child outside at night and investigate the abandoned ice cream truck in the middle of the road! You know what, let's take it a step further and peer into the windows of the house where the SCREAMS ARE COMING FROM. To her credit, she seems to only be babysitting for mischievous reasons, anyway.

-Hey it's that Asian family. RIP Etsy wife. RIP guy who doesn't like Evan Peters. Must mean Evan is one of the clown guys.

-Murder suicide? Get the smurf out of here. Even if the son were suffering the same illusions as his mother, it doesn't explain why the clowns they see look identical.

Alright that's it. As you can see I paused and ran into the other room like 30 times.

If you've watched American Horror Story before you already know what you're getting yourself into. You'll be watching this with the lense of "it's so bad I can't look away". Naturally, I love this show, because I'm a horror media garbage can and I frequently enjoy bad movies with ratings of 1.5 stars (whaddup Death Note).

I like things even though I can tell you what's wrong with them I guess. And in the case of this show, it's A LOT OF THINGS.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It's out? Man I'll need to see what's going on with all my shows!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For a show that stans hard for liberals and liberal values, it seems like they're really taking a dump on Tumblrinas this season. And I am so on board with that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

it is time