Thread: Lost Sphear gets new trailer.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eureka! Lost Sphear gets new trailer.

Tkyo RPGs second RPG title has just gained a new trailer which shows off more of the gameplay and setting, as well as some new gameplay features like being able to manually position your characters in battle and new robo armors they can equip.

The game is set in a world that is vanishing due to people forgetting about it, and a young hero who sets out to restore his vanishing world. The game uses an advanced version of I am Setsuna's battle system which was based on Chrono Trigger's battle system. The gem will come out next year on January 23rd 2018.

I feel like this will be something to tied me over until the Secret of Mana remake the following month.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The premise - a world that is literally being forgotten - sounds compelling, but I still can't get over the name.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

ehhhhhhhh I dunno about this. I have similar feelings as with Setsuna, or stuff like the Tales series. It might turn out well, but there is just nothing about this that is gripping to me. And I have no idea why. Like, I want to be excited, but I just feel nothing.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    ehhhhhhhh I dunno about this. I have similar feelings as with Setsuna, or stuff like the Tales series. It might turn out well, but there is just nothing about this that is gripping to me. And I have no idea why. Like, I want to be excited, but I just feel nothing.
    Agreed. Chrono Trigger battles and robot armor is nice, but they mean little if the characters are flat and the story generic. Still something with potential though!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Frankly, I felt I am Setsuna was a pretty good game. Great cast, pretty good story and good gameplay. It wasn't perfect, but nothing ever is. I feel Tokyo RPG Factory made a pretty solid game, so I would be willing to give this game a shot. Of anything, I just want to make sure SE knows that I support new RPG IPs and as long as the developers keep trying to improve things and not simply ape classic titles, I feel it's possible we can see some great things from them. Though chances are very strong that people won't support them and this studio will be shut down and absorbed back into SE becoming SE's version of Clover.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just so we're clear, I've never played I am Setsuna or a Tales game. That's just the thing - I feel no drive to try them, at all. It's not really a rational thing since I have people whose opinion I trust (for the most part, at least - I've come to accept WK and I will never see eye to eye on the BoF III/IV discussion ) recommend it to me, but there's just no pull. And it's the same with this game. The art looks pretty and it might have fantastic characters and a super fun battle system, but I'm just... not feeling it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's fine, just don't be surprised the next time you whine about SE not making any great JRPGs cause I assure you, I will throw these games in your face, unless this one happens to be terrible, then I'll just throw the other one in your face and then quietly sneak off before people bring up the bad one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be fair, though, I don't really spend a lot of time whining about SE not making games I like anymore! I like their games, in general! I just think XIII is trash

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A world that is vanishing due to it being forgotten about?

Sounds like my social life.